Water Rats April 19 - Song List

What's Hot

Comments

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2764
    Sorry had to go just before the end. My energy levels hit a rapid drop, and I knew I had to get home.  I lasted a lot longer than I thought to start with.
    great day, better than last year , prob because of fewer numbers and less rush
    but thanks to all the organising and drumming everyone
    Really good to make some reasonably co-ordinated noise :)
    well played and sung all
    looking forward to the next one 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12366
    edited April 2019
    Edit message went crazy!

Went really well everyone turned up in the right frame of mind and really good atmosphere.  Great seeing people I've met before and new faces.

Highlight I heard was @peteri solo on ACDC and @sev112 singing.  I loved playing on pink and stepping out.  Playing with my daughter @fuengi jr and @lovestrat jr was awesome they were all brilliant, not just saying that as a proud dad either.

@soma1975 to turn up play a clapton widdling jam when we had clearly learned different versions and then nail it at the end was awesome.
      Have had a quick listen to some of the recordings and they all sound really good.  Will sort later and will post some videos over the next few days.

If anyone does not want any videos posted just pm me.  
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    Yep the yoots were all great. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6818
    Thanks to everyone for a great collaborative and sharing event, lots of great equipment, learning and people trying new things makes these events a great day. Good to see the Dads letting the youth join in, even if it was as their backing band  ;)

Hope there’s another one in Woking in the future, if I can help in any way let me know.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Thanks to all - this was my second WaterRats, and as others have said I found this one much more relaxed and therefore more enjoyable.

Being given the time to have a run through and then a second blast made all the difference, just took the pressure off and having breaks etc meant we could all chat etc.

Thanks to all that organised it and all who played and put up with me, was a great treat to hear my SG through a really cranked Marshall.

And @munckee thank you that's really kind.

Oh and hats off to everyone that tried my Gibsons, I know they're a bit different - and strung with 11-52s (all of them) but they are more playable than you may think ;)

And final hats off to everyone who sang, I tried it for levels - it's harder than it looks (just like playing standing up)
  • Cheers guys. A really enjoyable day and good to try new things.  I hope everyone  enjoyed themselves as much as I did.

Many thx to @Munckee for getting it organised. I’ll try to get the videos sorted for your viewing pleasure as soon as I can.
    mrkb said:
    sev112 said:
    munckee said:
    sev112 said:
    Time? I’m still not clear ;( 

Hi Sev start is 12, they have said between 11 and 12 we can come in and set up.

Adam
    To be absolutely clear, you mean that first song is starting at 12 on that basis ?

Ish, always takes a bit of time for first song to check levels, tell the drummer to play a bit slower and quieter, etc. And I might forget the words.....
    Just realised how apt these words were, that first run through Rocks was well quick, I was out of breath after the first verse!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    There was a car crash, right?

Please tell me there was a car crash....

Only my backing vocals on You Shook me all Night Long, but they were so bad that the microphone wouldn’t pick it up, the local dogs went mental though.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1

Oh yeah. I did it for you man! : )
    munckee said:

Oh yeah. I did it for you man! : )
    Phew. 

Karma is still good then. 
  • Right, I e just seen that this isn't on 19th April.  Just saw the first post and got over-excited.
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    Sounds like you all had a great time yesterday, I certainly did last year.

Hoping to tempt some of you along to the Bristol jam on 8th June, which like Water Rats, we hope to make an annual thing.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/152257/south-west-jam-factory-studios-bristol-edition-8th-june-2019#latest

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    It was a really top day chaps. Big thanks to @munckee and all those that helped to organise. It certainly benefitted from fewer people, fewer songs, though that did mean I had to 'sing' You Shook Me... not once but twice, which can never be a good thing. 

Highlights for me are numerous. @peteri 's stash generally was a delight to behold, but the 54 gold top made me think very hard about how much I would get if I put my daughters up for sale on the Darkweb...

Then there was the 69 Plexi brought in by the chap whose name I've completely forgotten. That thing was monstrous. I sat in front of it, unattentuated and dimed and let rip. It melted my face. In fact Mrs McToot commented on my return how my wrinkled face seemed somehow smoother...

The 12-string Tele partscaster was also really interesting.

I was bouncing when I got home. As my kids used to say when they were little: "Again, again, again!"

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

edited April 2019
    McToot said:

Then there was the 69 Plexi brought in by the chap whose name I've completely forgotten. That thing was monstrous. I sat in front of it, unattentuated and dimed and let rip. It melted my face. In fact Mrs McToot commented on my return how my wrinkled face seemed somehow smoother...
    That was @Winny_Pooh - if he’s out of the cooler yet  . Come on @bridgehouse - FREE THE WOKING ONE!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Gear wise I was relishing playing the 64 strat as I'm a fender head, but that 330 @peteri brought was my favourite guitar   If I could play it like @lovestrat74 I would sell all my gear and my car, buy it and a 50s champ and spend the rest of my days sitting on my porch playing the blues. 

Also @mrkb  volume boost gizmo  was brilliant
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    munckee said:
    Gear wise I was relishing playing the 64 strat as I'm a fender head, but that 330 @peteri brought was my favourite guitar   If I could play it like @lovestrat74 I would sell all my gear and my car, buy it and a 50s champ and spend the rest of my days sitting on my porch playing the blues. 

Also @mrkb  volume boost gizmo  was brilliant
    The Gibson 330 was the nicest sounding guitar, exactly what you would hope for from a hollow body. 
    mrkb said:
    McToot said:

That was @Winny_Pooh - if he’s out of the cooler yet  . Come on @bridgehouse - FREE THE WOKING ONE!
    He is out of the cooler now. As well as various issues with the cooler system as described in the Admin interventions thread, Mrs B accidentally took the cooler keys with her when she went out shopping. This meant that I had to suffer with a bunch of keys that apparently only unlocked jewellery boxes and a mysterious door marked “previous crimes filing room” and Mrs B got some nice new drapes for the cooler. 
    Following the blood letting over money which followed last years jam I said I would publish accounts, we took £312 in total and everyone paid, @mctoot you paid on 7th december, thats my birthday perhaps I thought it was a gift : ).  

I have sent back @customkits money today as unless he is very small or was hiding in @soma1975 marshall combo then he didn't show.

I paid the drummer with the rest meaning overall a loss of £4 which I have deducted from munckee jr's pocket money to teach her a lesson - kids need lessons.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    munckee said:
    Following the blood letting over money which followed last years jam I said I would publish accounts, we took £312 in total and everyone paid, @mctoot you paid on 7th december, thats my birthday perhaps I thought it was a gift : ).  

I have sent back @customkits money today as unless he is very small or was hiding in @soma1975 marshall combo then he didn't show.

I paid the drummer with the rest meaning overall a loss of £4 which I have deducted from munckee jr's pocket money to teach her a lesson - kids need lessons.
    That’s good, I like your style, children should have to pay to be in their parents backing bands ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1