Morgan Custom Guitars

What's Hot
EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158

My daughter was nine when I ordered one. She is now 17. I paid in full and still don´t have the guitar, or any contact from the luthier in over two years. If anyone is still in contact with the guy, tell him my (nasty, expensive city of London based) lawyer will be handed the case in two weeks, with instructions to seek damages an serve a winding up order on any companies still registered as Morgan guitars.

This is a major pisstake and I´m beyond unhappy. I´ve given the guy every chance to sort it out. So now my lawyers are getting sent in.

1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27573
    I believe Sporky is still in touch with Neil.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Jesus, what happened, Neil was a nice guy or at least seemed it. I think you've been beyond patient.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fatherjackfatherjack Frets: 180
    It's a shame, as he makes (made?) very lovely guitars, but it seems to further demonstrate that if you're thinking of turning a hobby into a business, most of your planning needs to be about being a business.
    You don't need much knowledge of anatomy to appreciate the fundamental ubiquity of opinions.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3624
    Eight years!

I don't care how nice the luthier is that is simply ridiculous.

Just as an aside Mags, you obviously know your stuff but don't let your understandable ire disregard the lawyers bills, assuming the defendant has anything of value.

Good luck. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    Doesn't @Clarky have a couple of his guitars as well?
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24310
    If the dispute is for a sum under £10,000 then it's a Small Claims matter and then the lawyers fees are not recoverable from your opponent.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    He was an airline pilot wasn't he? I thought he gave up making guitars in 2010.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    I thought he gave up being a pilot to make guitars?
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24310
    He was an airline pilot. I thought he was doing custom cars too at one point?
    I remember the telecaster he made as a raffle prize for the old forum, twas gorgeous.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Best to get in touch with @timmyo - he was the last registered xlr8 apologist :D

I know he went through a rough patch but that doesn't excuse no comms :( good luck fella
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited April 2014
    frankus said:
    Best to get in touch with @timmyo - he was the last registered xlr8 apologist :D

I know he went through a rough patch but that doesn't excuse no comms :( good luck fella
    It doesn't excuse hanging on to someone's money. He could have refunded mags and apologised.

And I thought he had decided to focus on his Bird of Prey model ...

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/introducing-the-morgan-guitar-works-bird-of-prey-257536/1

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    Fretwired;220462" said:
    frankus said:

It doesn't excuse hanging on to someone's money. He could have refunded mags and apologised.
    Agree, in business customers shouldn't suffer for you having "a tough time", it's quite simply not their problem.

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26613
    Yeah, pretty sure he wound up Morgan Custom Guitars and started up again as Morgan Guitar Works to concentrate on specific models instead of customs.

It's kind of silly to pull a stunt like this, though. Anybody who's got enough money to splurge on a guitar like this and be even vaguely patient is also likely to have access to some pretty heavy-duty legal representation, and pissing them off is putting yourself in a pretty difficult spot.

Good luck, Mags.
    <space for hire>
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    Good luck, Mags.
  • Jesus.  He had my Les Paul for a couple of years, but that seems like small beans now!  (In fairness he did a properly nice job.)
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3968
    I'd send him a letter telling him you will be making a claim if he doesn't resolve it within a time frame.  Maybe fill out the claim forms and send them to him, not the court, telling him that is what you will send to court if he doesn't respond.  It can only help if you do claim that you have tried to resolve and advised him what action you will be forced to take.

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/overview
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    If Mags wants to PM me his current mobile number I'll ensure Neil gets it.

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    NickBotfield;220530" said:
    Jesus.  He had my Les Paul for a couple of years, but that seems like small beans now!  (In fairness he did a properly nice job.)
    I remember that saga from MR but it turn out lovely.

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    Jalapeno said:
    If Mags wants to PM me his current mobile number I'll ensure Neil gets it.

Beat me to it.
This discussion has been closed.