PSA Marshall Origin Amps cheap

What's Hot

Comments

• You will once I get around to organising it :)
    :) Let me know if I can help out
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited May 2019
    My 50h model's cleans sound fantastic and massive for a Marshall. The drive is so vintage sounding but here's the rub: Having the 3 power modes means (typically) you (& impatient users) don't settle down and really audition each option and after a few mins you do become ear blind to the fineries and subtleties So have a day or two on one power setting only, taking breaks from your playing. Take notes as to what transpires.

The other thing that surprised me with mine is that my Celestion 100w speakers in the dual cabs I use with the 50w head, are really PA speakers but they just sound so large and full, that I won't bother changing them out as I planned to.

Bottom line is you need to work a bit with these amps to craft the tones you want and then you can just leave everything as is and come back and just play. Every power setting offers a good range of options but they are not simply all the same tones at different vol levels.

Bottom line - I snagged mine new for just £364 @ 0% over 18 months - so it was like almost, 'for free!'

Best tone for me: That iconic Beano Bluesbreaker sound on the 20w and 50w settings - I wasn't even looking for it!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I invested in a Jettenuator to have a play around with what the difference is between running at a higher wattage attenuated and knocking the wattage down a bit.

There isn't a massive amount in it TBH the amp still sounds good on medium power. The Jettenuator is probably most useful as a kind of super master volume as the amp is so interactive that messing with the master changes the tone.
  • idiotwindidiotwind Frets: 471
    I can't say for certain, but if the Guitar Guitar website has the 20 watters at £249/299 tomorrow morning between about 7am and 9:30am then it will be 5 days running.  Apologies for not mentioning it sooner, but it took until day 3 for me to convince my wife that the universe really wanted me to get one of these and I didn't want to jinx it.  20W combo arrived today.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    idiotwind said:
    I can't say for certain, but if the Guitar Guitar website has the 20 watters at £249/299 tomorrow morning between about 7am and 9:30am then it will be 5 days running.  Apologies for not mentioning it sooner, but it took until day 3 for me to convince my wife that the universe really wanted me to get one of these and I didn't want to jinx it.  20W combo arrived today.
    Are you saying they've been up at that reduced price between those times every morning? Been kicking myself for not jumping on the combo last week, have the funds, but hesitated too long.
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    Octafish said:
    idiotwind said:
    Are you saying they've been up at that reduced price between those times every morning? Been kicking myself for not jumping on the combo last week, have the funds, but hesitated too long.
    Shhhhh, dammit! I've set the alarm for 6:59 and I don't want anyone else to know....
  • idiotwindidiotwind Frets: 471
    edited May 2019
    Yep.  Thursday morning I'd left my phone on the page for the combo and it updated to show the price at £299.  Must have been about 7:30 or so.  As I tried to convince my wife over breakfast, it went back to £499 at around 9:30.  I was checking on the off chance during the day, but then sure enough, the next morning it did the same thing.  My wife said I could have it if it did it three times, so Saturday morning I was extra keen and checked at 6:45 - still £499.  Crushed.  But at I'd say 7:05 it flicked to £299, so I bought it.  This morning I checked again to see if it still did it after I'd bought one at that price and it did.

Of course now I've said something it'll stop doing it.  My thought is that it is a product import routine running each morning which is setting it to the lower price.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Damn, desperately hoping they will be reduced again tomorrow morning, will be checking :grimace:  .....
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6882
    Prices dropped now! £249 for head £299 combo - good spot Idiotwind!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • JohnCordyJohnCordy Frets: 650
    Get on it! Just got a combo!
    edited May 2019
    Yeah, cheers @idiotwind ! Just bagged myself a combo. That will make it five amps, going to have think about selling one... maybe.
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • skippy76skippy76 Frets: 616
    Go for it GP, I’m enjoying my 20w head :)
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17638
    tFB Trader
    Indeed my new head is ace
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2328
    Indeed my new head is ace
    20watt loud enough for live with very loud drummist?
    Get in!

Head ordered for £249. Now to see if it arrives on Wednesday.
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    Head purchased here too. Looks like a tidy little bit of kit for peanuts. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6882
    Head purchased here too. Looks like a tidy little bit of kit for peanuts. 
    Cool, We can all sound the same at the next jam! ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Bit gutted that they didn't throw in a free cab and bottle of champagne at that price.
    edited May 2019
    Heads are back up to £409 at 9:20.

Looks like 4 buyers got lucky this morning, they had 10 in stock and now 6 in stock.