Locking female to male speaker extension available in UK?

What's Hot
sev112sev112 Frets: 2768
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-4-Right-Angle-Mono-TS-Male-to-Locking-Female-Speaker-Audio-Extension/392178517077?hash=item5b4fa94455:m:mP1aftpSH3DHUSLu6WrOmVg

id like to get an extension cable so that I can put my super champ x2 combo on top of my bigger older cab/speaker.  Ohms are compatible, but the cable from the cab isn’t long enough to reach when I put the combo on top. 

I can find female male extension cables in the uk, but I like the idea of a lockable female, so that there is no risk of load coming off the amp (more feasible with a longer cable available to be snagged by something). 

Howver I can’t find a lockable one on the googlenet?  

Anyone have any any ideas why they not be avail in UK, or what they may actually be named / called ?

ta v m :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    edited May 2019
    I bought two from designacable, one through eBay and one later off Amazon. The first one died within 6 months but the other is still going. I think they’re on here, @designacable is their username here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72382

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1635

You might be surprised that ICBM suggests the use of a GUITAR  extension cable for speakers?

But no, he is not in his dotage yet! Even for close to worse case use, 100W 4 Ohms a robust guitar cable is more than adequate (but maybe not a curly one!)

MOST importantly, never use anything but the Nukey locking line jack socket for speaker extensions. All other brands are known to fail O/C with disastrous consequences to valve amplifiers.

Dave.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72382
    ecc83 said:

You might be surprised that ICBM suggests the use of a GUITAR  extension cable for speakers?

Er... actually I missed that! But I did search on '1/4 speaker cable extension'. Not enough coffee this morning :).

But you're right, at this sort of power level (15W at 8 ohms), it's not a problem at all.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom