What's Hot

Comments

• darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    and half the features
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    darcym said:
    and half the features
    Enough for me though and has an LED screen which is very important for me. However, this is why I was hoping for a G2 LITE version without all the advanced stuff etc
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    mattdavis said:
    Hopefully it will be more exciting than the ‘much anticipated’ autopot knob turner thing. I thought that was an April fools. I love Dan, but blimey...
    I know. Bloody ridiculous that was. I thought it was a joke too
    Did you see the price?
    I don’t even bother asking when it comes to gigrig products :(
    Typically they do make a good product. 
    I agree about the pricing, its steep but some of the stuff is unrivalled. 
    I was unhappy paying for my switching system but its bomb proof, gives me zero dramas and has been faultless. I wouldn't be without it now
    Neither does my Boss Es 5 which is half the price 
    But my qmx6 is half the price of the es5...
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    mattdavis said:
    Hopefully it will be more exciting than the ‘much anticipated’ autopot knob turner thing. I thought that was an April fools. I love Dan, but blimey...
    Did you see the price?
    I was unhappy paying for my switching system but its bomb proof, gives me zero dramas and has been faultless. I wouldn't be without it now
    LOL no midi though 
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    mattdavis said:
    Did you see the price?

my bright onion switcher was half the price of the QMX6 .... (maybe... I just wanted to play )
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    As a former (multiple) QM and G2 owner.

I think a consistent theme of the Gigrig stuff is that it solves a particular problem, often very well - but at the same time introduces a whole heap more.

For example, the G2 is great - but it's MIDI implementation is really poor, so you buy a mapper.

You want the G2 not to use a buffer or anything, but it's high input impedance makes your guitar sound awful - so turn on the buffer/pre-amp and it's not 'untouched signal' anymore.

The modular powersupply I liked a lot, but for 95% of pedalboards you can get a single box to do exactly the same thing (just get a good isolated power supply)

I had persistant ground loop problems with the Quartermaster, solution buy a humdinger etc.etc

I expect this will be more of the same, a well made box - which solves a very, very specific problem - which you may or may not have.

This isn't meant to read bitter at all, I like how they've built the brand - well done to them, and they work really well if you work the same way as they imagined, but some of the design decisions I've found very disappointing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • JotaJota Frets: 464

Jota said:

Doh is that all :(
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    My earlier post proven I think, I'm sure this is great.

Bit niche tho!
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5382
    How does he manage to say "Wetter Box" without sniggering like a schoolboy? If Anderton's review it Rob, Lee and Pete will be unable to speak for childish smut overload.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    That’s not it? Surely?????

this is like Game of Thrones all over again!

fair disclosure: I’ve never watched Game of Thrones. I just know everyone’s disappointed. 
    How very rock and roll
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    Actually I call another announcement before the end of the day...
    How very rock and roll
    Snags said:
    How does he manage to say "Wetter Box" without sniggering like a schoolboy? If Anderton's review it Rob, Lee and Pete will be unable to speak for childish smut overload.
    Ha ha I know what you mean lol
    @hotpickups I have a Morningstar for midi. I am willing to bet £20 its much easier to use than the Boss ES

@sgosden but you dont have lovely optical switches and a painted finish :-P
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    @hotpickups I have a Morningstar for midi. I am willing to bet £20 its much easier to use than the Boss ES

LOL you mean another box to add to the board. There'll be no room for any pedals at that rate;)
    Jota said:

meh
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1509
    So it's kinda like an LS-2?
    edited May 2019
    It makes me wonder how much money goes into Dan's R&D and what he actually gets back to make it worth while. Will he really sell many of these?

LOL you mean another box to add to the board. There'll be no room for any pedals at that rate;)
    I only use 6, there is ample room :-)

amazingly my board hasn't changed for over a year. 

I only use 6, there is ample room :-)

amazingly my board hasn't changed for over a year. 
    Me too. Basically a couple of H9s, compressor, and an OD sometimes a fuzz but I'm not sure it'll be there for long as I very rarely use it