SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Collection of Patrick Eggles... One Berlin left.

What's Hot
RevMattRevMatt Frets: 836
edited July 2019 in Guitars £

Guitar: Berlin Pro - sold

Background: this is a 1993 Berlin Pro and all standard spec for the year - locking Sperzel tuners, Wilksinon convertible trem (it can be lock by the location of the arm), Kent Armstring pickups which have a choice of splitting options via the 3 way rotary switch (no tone control). As you’ll see it has a stunning figured maple top over the mahogany body, mahogany set neck and 24 frets set into an ebony fretboard.

Condition: this is in superb condition with only a few tiny marks/indentations, but generally extremely good. The only real thing of note is that the truss rod cover is damaged and a bit of over-lacquering around the neck joint. I've just set the Trem up to function correctly.

Includes: original Eggle/Hiscox case in good working order but with scuffs and signs of use, owners certificate, and trem guide.

Guitar: Vienna Plus - Sold

Background: 1993 Vienna Plus – the Vienna only came in 2 models and the only distinction between the Pro and the Plus really was the tuners and the bridge. As a Plus, this is fitted with the 2 piece fixed bridge, non-locking Sperzel tuners, standard volume/tone/5 way blade selector. Pickups are  Kent Armstrongs which have a hot PAF sort of voice and the split positions are great. Construction comprises a figured maple top over mahogany body, mahogany set neck and 24 frets set into an ebony fretboard.

Condition: the guitar is set up nicely and plays well, benefitting from a re-fret in recent years. However, it has a fair few little dings and marks, particularly around the edges of the body and a small scratch on the back of the neck. This is still a great looking guitar.

Includes: original Eggle/Hiscox case in good working order but with scuffs and signs of use, owners certificate and hang tag.

Guitar: Berlin Standard - sold 

Background: here’s a 1992 Berlin Standard with a tell-tale sign of being one of the earlier models – no volute behind the nut (this is from the period when necks were hand carved and volutes were too labour intensive). This is a great guitar finished in a sort of oyster pearl colour (a bit yellowy in some ways), it’s all original with the non-locking Sperzel tuners, 2 piece fixed bridge, Kent Armstrong humbuckers wired via a standard volume/tone/ 3 way selector.

Condition: the condition of this one is remarkable – just a couple of tiny marks if you look closely, but it’s almost a hidden relic removed from a cupboard 27 years after being built. There are some signs of aging to the bridge (natural patina) but really nothing else of note.

Includes: the original Eggle case with one broken catch 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• algroves1algroves1 Frets: 17
    Interested in the Vienna Plus, can you send some more details when available? Cheers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 836
    Will do @algroves1 ;

RevMatt said:
    Will do @algroves1 ;

Cheers 
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2180
    I would be interested too
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2397
    Potentially interested in the green Berlin Pro - will keep an eye on this post for pics/more details!
    Tim
    Thanks @Barnezy and @timmypix - now I know there's interest I'll try and get this sorted.

It's just a case of meeting up with my mate at the weekend to get the guitars in my hands to photograph. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    I had a Vienna Pro many years ago, superb guitar, I remember it very fondly. I sold it because I got the itch to try something different and I wasn't very flush back then. I won't be buying one but I'll certainly be back to take a look if pix turn up!
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3655
    Are they fixed bridge or trem models?
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Might be interested in  a trem model...

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • gjonesygjonesy Frets: 146
    potentially interested in the Berlin standard
    @Musicwolf - the Berlin Pro has Trem and the Vienna and Berlin Std are both 2 piece hardtail bridges.

Thanks for all the replies.

I will update with full details at the weekend.

In the meantime, I think I have enough replies to gauge interest, and suggest no 'dibs' calls that way it's fair to all once the full details are available.
    If you could tag me in the details post so that I don’t miss it that would be great!
  • th2017th2017 Frets: 45
    Interested too, loop me through some pics when available too please
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3655
    Thanks.  I know someone who was on the lookout for a Berlin Pro with trem.  It would stop him pestering me to sell my 93 Pro to him.  Then again, I could buy a second one...............................
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 394
    Anticipation bump!
    Be patient @JonHosker - I will add pictures and detail on Saturday morning!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    First Post Updated: 14/06/19 with full details and pictures... I ran out of text space, so if interested please note the following...

These have all come into my possession from a friend who is probably better described as a collector more than a player. As such, each guitar would benefit from a bit of a clean, set up and fresh set of strings. Having said that, all of them arrived in tune and play well as they are.

Prices - I have a lot of experience selling (and buying) Eggles and priced these fairly to reflect condition and value etc. As such, prices are fixed and I can't do any trades I'm afraid, sorry. Prices assume cash on collection. I would prefer collection where possible (from Nottingham), although postage is possible at cost.

More info? If you want more information or pictures please message me (incl an email address for pictures).

Dibs? I'd rather not have these sitting for people who have placed dibs - sorry, I don't wish to contradict the spirit of the forum, but in fairness to all, if it's available, it's available, and if it's sold, it's sold.

Take a look @JonHosker ; @Musicwolf ; @th2017 ; @algroves1 ; @gjonesy ; @spark240 ; @axisus ; @timmypix ; @Barnezy ;

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    Nice looking guitars! Mine was green. 

I used to have a pal who was semi-pro and his Berlin Pro was his main guitar for many years.
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3751
    Do any of these come close to PRS wide fat?
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    The Vienna is most like a wide fat, although a probably a tad shallower in depth @imalrightjack ;