Used price for les paul junior 57 RI

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962
edited November 2019 in Guitar
What could one expect tae pay for a clean, recent, TV yellow RI LP 57 junior these days?

Thanks guys  
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    I'd say £1,400 to £1,500.
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962
    custom shoppy?
    tae be or not tae be
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    hootsmon said:
    custom shoppy?
    The last few second hand custom shop Juniors I’ve seen for sale have been around £1800/2000. What they sold for is a different matter though.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    hootsmon said:
    custom shoppy?
    The last few second hand custom shop Juniors I’ve seen for sale have been around £1800/2000. What they sold for is a different matter though.
    Yep, sale price will likely be lower and TV White may not fetch as much as yellow or sunburst.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7109
    What about les  paul special tv yellow with humbucks? non custom shoppy? and plush giggy bag?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941

Gibson are about to release the new factory (non custom shop) Les Paul Singlecut Juniors for £1,250 with hard case.

On the face of it the spec looks pretty faithful to the late 50's Jrs. Nitro, fat neck, correct shape, correct shape scratchplate, single dog ear P90.

If the spec of these is as I hope they are then I'm not sure what a custom shop Jr brings to the party.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    edited April 2019
    ^Finally giving us what we want! Still a bit expensive for an essentially simple but fantastic guitar. If they did these for just short of a £1000 they'd sell shed loads of them. There's a Custom Shop TV yellow dc for sale in gumtree near me £2k. Lot of money. Reckon one of Ivison obsessively accurate creations youll find in 'Made in UK'section a better bet
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22910
    hootsmon said:
    What could one expect tae pay for a clean, recent, TV white RI LP 57 junior these days?

Thanks guys   :)
    You haven't robbed my house while I'm out at work have you?  
    Philly_Q said:
    hootsmon said:
    What could one expect tae pay for a clean, recent, TV white RI LP 57 junior these days?

Thanks guys   :)
    Is there a tartan turd in your top drawer?
    tae be or not tae be
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scalino65scalino65 Frets: 261
    Not sure of the context of your question but I reckon an Ivison would knock spots of a gibbo.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22910
    edited April 2019
    hootsmon said:
    Philly_Q said:
    hootsmon said:

Thanks guys  
    Is there a tartan turd in your top drawer?
    I'll check when I get in, but it's hard to reach the top drawer over all the dusty piles of guitar magazines and cases.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5048
    sawyer said: There's a Custom Shop TV yellow dc for sale in gumtree near me £2k. Lot of money. Reckon one of Ivison obsessively accurate creations you”ll find in 'Made in UK' section a better bet.
    scalino65 said:
    Not sure of the context of your question but I reckon an Ivison would knock spots of a gibbo.
    I’ve played a couple of Neil’s creations and they are great guitars and it’s scarily close to having the real thing in your hands. I’ve owned both SC and DC Gibson Historic Specials and they are good guitars but I’d say the Ivisons are better in pretty much every way, especially the necks. 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/

Gibson are about to release the new factory (non custom shop) Les Paul Singlecut Juniors for £1,250 with hard case.

On the face of it the spec looks pretty faithful to the late 50's Jrs. Nitro, fat neck, correct shape, correct shape scratchplate, single dog ear P90.

If the spec of these is as I hope they are then I'm not sure what a custom shop Jr brings to the party.

any links for more info?
    tae be or not tae be
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5048
    hootsmon said:

any links for more info?
    Here ya go.  ;)

https://ivisonguitars.tumblr.com/

250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    edited November 2019
    :)
    tae be or not tae be
  • markjmarkj Frets: 914
    edited November 2019
    I thought you wanted a Special? When I had a junior i Really missed the neck pickup.
    yes you are right.......the bloody weans have been at the computer again
    tae be or not tae be