SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Squier VM Mustang - SOLD nothing to see here....

What's Hot
impmannimpmann Frets: 12678
edited May 2014 in Guitars £
Yes, I'm moving it on... its not for me. So I'd like to get back what it owes me, and it owes me £130 delivered. SOLD

Previous advert from Mr Jooky here:

It hasn't changed much, only that it now sports a small chip on the top horn thanks to the courier when it was sent by Mark and it now has been strung with fresh D'Adarrio 11s. Mark didn't have the trem arm - and nor do I. But to be honest the trems on these are pretty pants...

No offers, ta. You can collect it from Daventry, Northants and I'll knock the cost of the courier off the price. Can't say fairer than that can I?
Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    I can bus it along the A14 for you as well bud.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12678
    Ta! :-)

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Ah, the forum has a new bike .. :)

Do you want it shipping to the usual address @JookyChap ? :-P
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    I kinda assumed you'd have it..

Anyway, guitars, like women, football clubs and inexplicably squishy sounding bumps in the road when you are driving at night, should never be gone back to...

I am Mr offset but I dont like Mustangs. 

Not to mention if I were to play one I would look like a grizzly bear strumming a tennis racket
    Its true - a Mustang does look like a Uke on our Melted friend...

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306

How heavy are these?

I've been on the look out for something light my eldest lad can learn on. It's the weight more than the scale length that's been the issue when he's used my Telecaster (he's nearly 6 but we put a capo on the 5th fret for him).

It weighs 2/3rds of bog-all, really... IIRC.

Ok, I'll need to check this evening if he likes the colour (these things are important as I'm sure you know).

What's the collected price? I can easily nip over to Daventry and pick it up (as I did dropping off that Zilla cab, that was you wasn't it?)

Sure was... £10 off for collection. :-)

If it helps my 7yo was playing this very guitar only days ago without any problems...

JookyChap said:
    If it helps my 7yo was playing this very guitar only days ago without any problems...

Good to hear. Only stopper might be "I want a red one" ;-)
    JookyChap said:

Good to hear. Only stopper might be "I want a red one" ;-)
    Yeah, it was yellow in our house :)

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    Still available? :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

Yup - still available. I'm not doing 'dibs' on this... too much interest.

First come with money, first served. :-)

if you want it @HarrySeven go for it.
    edited May 2014
    I should probably point out that despite the low price (and it is really low for one of these) it is a lovely guitar. The upgraded Fender pickups sound excellent and the 'proper' mustang bridge is worlds away from the Squier one. I got it really cheap, and then passed it on at the same to Tim.

Now he is doing the same.

Any of us could have put it on ebay and made a few bob on top, but it's one of those cases where 'Getting back what it owes me' is a good thing, if you see what I mean ;)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bigfuzzbigfuzz Frets: 45
    if this was in London, you'd have my money :(
  • redrighthandredrighthand Frets: 746
    PM me your PayPal details and I'll have it delivered to Leeds. Missed.let it twice before!