Diezel VHX

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Oh I did see it, just never listened to it.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bye!

• webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1031
    Available from Thoman - £3025

I have to be honest I expected it to cost more :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26630

I have to be honest...at that price, it has all the down-sides of both valve and digital gear combined. High price, ongoing maintenance costs, lack of repairability for the digital portions, big, heavy, hot...

I do like valve amps, and I also like digital stuff...but I'd rather keep them separate if only for the sake of making each part more repairable/replaceable. At that price, it's going to be heartbreaking when something dies out of warranty if the parts aren't available to fix it.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994

Can't see it being a best seller...
  • WiresDreamDisastersWiresDreamDisasters Frets: 16664
    edited June 2020
    It's their take on the JVM, but better, imho. Because it has all the major Diezel sounds in it, and I'm a fanboi so....

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33802

I have to be honest...at that price, it has all the down-sides of both valve and digital gear combined. High price, ongoing maintenance costs, lack of repairability for the digital portions, big, heavy, hot...

I do like valve amps, and I also like digital stuff...but I'd rather keep them separate if only for the sake of making each part more repairable/replaceable. At that price, it's going to be heartbreaking when something dies out of warranty if the parts aren't available to fix it.
    Same.
    I love the brand and I'd like to have another Diezel as well as the D-Moll, probably a VH4.
    I just don't like the idea of this product.
    It feels like a solution looking for a problem.
  • webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1031

octatonic said:

Same.
    I love the brand and I'd like to have another Diezel as well as the D-Moll, probably a VH4.

^ Agree with both these comments, it’s one of the reasons I've so far stayed away from AxeFx, the built in obsolesce is frankly astonishing – fine if you’re endorsed but otherwise it’s the iPhone of guitar gear :)

I'd like to hear this but I think I'll be staying with my Herbert TBH.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33802

octatonic said:

Same.

^ Agree with both these comments, it’s one of the reasons I've so far stayed away from AxeFx, the built in obsolesce is frankly astonishing – fine if you’re endorsed but otherwise it’s the iPhone of guitar gear :)

I'd like to hear this but I think I'll be staying with my Herbert TBH.
    I've been with Fractal since the Ultra.
    The resale is pretty good if you get rid of the old one when the new one is released.
    I actually made money on one sale (buying used, selling used).

In 15 years there have been 4 main iterations of the Axe FX- Standard, Ultra, the II and the III.
    OK, there have been 3 versions of the II but they were fairly minor revisions.
    The Std/Ultra are showing their age but the II is still a great sounding device.
    I mostly switched to the III in order to use the FC12 and simplify my switching/looping rig.

The FX8 is also an excellent device too- I've held onto that.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17637
    tFB Trader
    These devices don't really appeal to me.

I've had lots of different rigs and the only two that really make sense to me are:
    • Do it all digital system (Axe, Helix, ...) with either silent stage, or valve power amp and cab
    • A few pedals and an amp

Really complex switching MIDI boards are more hassle than they are worth as are mega amps with valves and digital stuff wedged in one box.

I think that amp will probably get discontinued in a couple of years and be unrepairable in 3-4. That's OK with a Katana, not OK with 3K of Diezel.

The only justification would be if you are in a serious touring band, you can buy two of them and writing them off after a couple of years is fine because it's a business expense.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4140
    Agreed, I'd rather stick with my Helix rig and grab a VH Mini / 2 / 4 one day rather than this one. It's an impressive piece of kit for sure, but it's just not for me.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7293
    I dunno I kinda like separating the digital fro. The analog . Can't see this beating out helix + VH4.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ