Public Service Broadcasting

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Bump for this thread, as I'm currently watching this during a quiet WFH period. 

Wow...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11802
    I loved that PSB Prom, there was something just perfect about it.

Enjoyed the new songs so far as well, both good in their own right, got the vinyl on pre-order :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • I loved that PSB Prom, there was something just perfect about it.

Enjoyed the new songs so far as well, both good in their own right, got the vinyl on pre-order :)
    Absolutely, PSB are just one of those bands that work with an orchestra in this way.

The Other Side sounds just absolutely astonishing in this.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17648
    tFB Trader
    Love PSB.

I've got to do a long drive with the kids on Saturday. This will be great to have on in the car.
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2418
    Maybe I just haven't given them a chance, but every time I hear a PSB track I think 'Is it actually the late 90s and this is a second-tier big beat act?' They just sound like clumsy Propellerheads copyists to me.
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2233
    edited August 2021
    Stuckfast said:
    Maybe I just haven't given them a chance, but every time I hear a PSB track I think 'Is it actually the late 90s and this is a second-tier big beat act?' They just sound like clumsy Propellerheads copyists to me.
    Each to their own, but what a steaming pile of complete and utter shite. “Big beat”??? What in the universe makes a note of what they do “big beat”??? 
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3032
    edited August 2021
    Stuckfast said:
    Each to their own, but what a steaming pile of complete and utter shite. “Big beat”??? What in the universe makes a note of what they do “big beat”??? 
    Surely you've got the wrong band? Big beat? Doesn't sound anything like what they do
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Stuckfast said:
    Surely you've got the wrong band? Doesn't sound anything like what they do
    If they have got the wrong band, it’s the only way that comment makes sense.
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2418
    Like I say I haven't heard all that much of their stuff. So yes it's possible that I am talking shite.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Stuckfast said:
    Like I say I haven't heard all that much of their stuff. So yes it's possible that I am talking shite.
     :) 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11802
    Stuckfast said:

I respect this comment tremendously!  Well played sir, very rare on the internet! :)

In respect to PSB, may I suggest you try the best manics song the manics didn't write?

You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • Stuckfast said:

I respect this comment tremendously!  Well played sir, very rare on the internet! :)

In respect to PSB, may I suggest you try the best manics song the manics didn't write?

Agreed, very rare to see this online, and to be commended.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5434
    Bump for this thread, as I'm currently watching this during a quiet WFH period. 

Wow...

Oooh, cheers for posting - didn’t realise this was online in full. I was at that show, it was superb.