These won't last long

What's Hot

Comments

• Look at the numbers on back-order via the site.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8031
    Jeez, I must be thick...so a lot on back-order means...?

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Coda admitted they aint getting more stangs at that 3 ton price :-(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • littlethoughtslittlethoughts Frets: 639
    edited August 2014
    Jeez, I must be thick...so a lot on back-order means...?
    Guitar stores never have 40-odd of a guitar in one colour in. If you look at something really common like a mexican standard strat in lake placid blue, they only have three in stock. So it seems awfully strange that they suddenly have a stock of 30-40 each of some of the most unusual guitars Fender have released in the last few years, that didn't sell well, one of which was on a blow out elsewhere. If the offset special is going for a similar price I might scrape some cash together for one...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Sound affects are not really getting into the spirit of things with their American vintage Telecaster pricing. Bah humbug
    http://www.soundaffectspremier.com/guitars-c93/electric-guitars-c95/fender-american-vintage-69-telecaster-2tsb-p2511
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    edited August 2014
    I just got an email from sound affects- in addition to these they also seem to be blowing out the american vintage '69 thinline tele and american vintage thinline 72 tele for £999 each. EDIT: dang ninja'd EDIT #2: Apparently Coda has them for £750 and £700 respectively!
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8031
    Ah, I so rarely look at online shops (or buy online), it meant nothing to me!

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• Dave_Mc;322792" said:
    I just got an email from sound affects- in addition to these they also seem to be blowing out the american vintage '69 thinline tele and american vintage thinline 72 tele for £999 each. EDIT: dang ninja'd
    I paid £250 less from coda for mine :-)
  • jimboflojojimboflojo Frets: 122
    Tried out the trohman tele today as they had one local to me, really impressed with it- shame they couldn't price match but didn't expect they would, they were pretty fed up that they're going so cheap understandably, but the cheap price was the only reason I was considering one. Guy there was saying fender were doing deals on the discontinued stuff like the jaguarillos where it was something like buy 6 get 6 free! So that makes sense if there are 30 odd on their way to guitarguitar
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    edited August 2014
    I would have had a Trohman but £35 delivery to NI. 

Good. 
    :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    blueskunk said:
    Fuck mustangs there shit.

(Thats what I'll keep telling myself)
    you didn't need the brackets ;-)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    jimboflojo;322802" said:
    Tried out the trohman tele today as they had one local to me, really impressed with it- shame they couldn't price match but didn't expect they would, they were pretty fed up that they're going so cheap understandably, but the cheap price was the only reason I was considering one. Guy there was saying fender were doing deals on the discontinued stuff like the jaguarillos where it was something like buy 6 get 6 free! So that makes sense if there are 30 odd on their way to guitarguitar
    I bet they loved you!

Previously known as stevebrum
    Dave_Mc;322792" said:
    I just got an email from sound affects- in addition to these they also seem to be blowing out the american vintage '69 thinline tele and american vintage thinline 72 tele for £999 each. EDIT: dang ninja'd
    New? If so, nice score :D
  • Dave_Mc;322861" said:
    badlydrawnbanjo said:

Dave_Mc;322792" said:I just got an email from sound affects- in addition to these they also seem to be blowing out the american vintage '69 thinline tele and american vintage thinline 72 tele for £999 each. EDIT: dang ninja'd

New? If so, nice score :D
    Yep, the 69's are £749 and the 72's are £699.
    edited August 2014
    Egad o_O Thanks for the heads up :) EDIT: Edited my original post, too.
    Iamnobody;322848" said:

I bet they loved you!

:) I bet they didn't but to be fair to them they didn't make a big issue out of it, gave the best discount they were able to and have told me i can still get it for that price if I can't get it from peach or GAK. Shame that with the discount still about £70 more expensive. But they are a great shop, Eric Lindsey in catford , SE London one of the very few nearby - friendly, helpful and happy to let you get on with it!
  • Iamnobody;322848" said:

I bet they loved you!

:) I bet they didn't but to be fair to them they didn't make a big issue out of it, gave the best discount they were able to and have told me i can still get it for that price if I can't get it from peach or GAK. Shame that with the discount still about £70 more expensive. But they are a great shop, Eric Lindsey in catford , SE London one of the very few nearby - friendly, helpful and happy to let you get on with it!
    My neck of the woods! I'm just over in Lewisham now - didn't realise I had a music shop closer than denmark street. :D
    Yep! Almost next to the hospital, not quite as nice surroundings as Denmark street but worth a look if you're in the area
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Wasn't that the shop where Marc Bolan used to get his gear from ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038

Well, I'm hoping there's a fire sale on one of these soon...

@HarrySeven @anyone... what is that?  Do they come with rosewood necks?  God I want that so much.