Vox Delaylab...Any users on here?

What's Hot
chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3976
Seems to be a lot of pedal for the money and a fair bit cheaper than the Line 6 DL4 and TC Flashback X4.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    Looks fantastic and I like the demos I've heard. The only thing putting me off one (applies to the Flashback x4 and DL4 too actually) is the inability to set tap tempo in bypass. I usually knock it in during the bar or two before I switch the effect on with my Deluxe Memory Boy - not having the effect in sync straight away is a deal breaker for me.

Aside from that, its really well featured and sounds boss. If you're not a massive synced tap tempo user I would dive in!
  • rprrpr Frets: 310
    Possibly the plastic casing costs less...bit OTT for my delay needs ..... I was looking at their  looper pedals tho
  • rpr said:
    Possibly the plastic casing costs less...bit OTT for my delay needs ..... I was looking at their  looper pedals tho
    It's a die-cast casing.
  • At that price wouldn't you rather buy a second-hand Line 6 HD400 or HD500?
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3976
    edited September 2013
    ddlooping;34109" said:
    At that price wouldn't you rather buy a second-hand Line 6 HD400 or HD500?
    Well, I've been considering a used Nova System, but I love delay, don't use much else, just a boost.
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    mike257;34046" said:
    Looks fantastic and I like the demos I've heard. The only thing putting me off one (applies to the Flashback x4 and DL4 too actually) is the inability to set tap tempo in bypass. I usually knock it in during the bar or two before I switch the effect on with my Deluxe Memory Boy - not having the effect in sync straight away is a deal breaker for me.

Aside from that, its really well featured and sounds boss. If you're not a massive synced tap tempo user I would dive in!
    REALLY?! that's such a silly thing not to be able to do! I can on my Nova Delay where I can set each preset to either use the tapped time or a preset one. I will have to rethink my delay pedal gas now.. Funnily enough I have been looking at the flashback x4 and the delaylab as switching between presets would be easier and the looper would be nice..
  • I do quite fancy one and if you keep on checking EBay they come up for sale between £125 to £150 BIN.

Occasionally they appear in Gumtree for similar amounts. 

One time I am snapping on up for sure because I have been distracted by other shiny things when they are cheap on EBay.

But at over £200 follow ddlooping's advice.
  • The vox is £159 new.
  • @chrisj1602

Yes sorry I wasn't too clear it was new I meant too because there is a Korg UK EBay shop that sells them from time to time @£125 for boxed, full warranty lightly used ones (I think they use them at music shows etc).

Korg sell and distribute Vox, Samson and a few others besides.

Other EBay dealers do them for £150 BIN free postage, but you have to watch for a while to catch one.

The EBay place is well worth checking out BTW, I got some real bargains there.
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    shuikit;34283" said:

REALLY?! that's such a silly thing not to be able to do! I can on my Nova Delay where I can set each preset to either use the tapped time or a preset one. I will have to rethink my delay pedal gas now.. Funnily enough I have been looking at the flashback x4 and the delaylab as switching between presets would be easier and the looper would be nice..
    I know, I was shocked too - I know with the Flashback x4 the tempo (tapped or otherwise) is preset specific and you can't lock a preset to a fixed time or knob-only. The arrangement on the Nova where the tap is like a global tempo that can be used or ignored (and therefore set regardless of bypass or selected preset) seems much practical for live use.

I was on the verge of offloading my DMB and Carbon Copy for the Flashback x4 with free Polytune deal when I found this out, glad I did my homework!

• shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    Thinking about it, it's a deal breaker for me too. Shame really as these two looked perfect for me as I don't need all the presets on the nova and switching between them is too fiddly to do quickly. Argh! :x
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    edited September 2013
    I own one, the tempo thing has never been an issue for me since it can save 30 patches theres no reason not to have a patch for each song if you desire. Also unlike the DL4 bypassing a patch doesent lose your tempo (until you switch to another one)

For reference I've owned:

Line 6 M13/9/5/POD HD/echo park
    Boss DD20/DD7
    EHX Memory Boy
    Tc Electronics Flashback
    Ibanez DE7
    Srymon el capistan

In terms of features its one of the best I've owned. It sounds better than the line 6's which are a bit flimsy in the mix. The only downsides I have with it are:

slight delay changing patches.
    the tape mode isnt as great as some pedals I've had (I really like the flashbacks tape mode)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom