Show us your guitar family

What's Hot

Comments

• BigAl100BigAl100 Frets: 100
    Paul_C said:

Current Tele collection apart from the Squier, which I've dismantled with a plan of refinishing.

That's a really cool Tele collection. Quite a colourful bunch 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tony99 said:
    the usual suspects ...

Great collection! You have one for everything 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    danban said:
    Massive changes over the past year of clearing out guitars that have sat unused predominantly over the past couple of years and have consolidated those into a guitar I will use.

From left to right:

2022 Gibson SG Standard - from 4 SG’s to one, this is a cracker!

2018 Gibson CS 1957 Les Paul Reissue - recent acquisition, lovely guitar but a pickup change in the near future is a certainty as the pickups don’t have enough punch, cut or bottom end for what I need.

2016 Gibson ES335 Vos 1958 - The guitar by which all others are measured by, I’ve had this from new and is a superb. The guitar that always ends up on recordings as nothing can beat it but that could change once I dial in the Les Paul better.

My collection may have shrunk but I’m thoroughly happy.

Photo doesn’t do the Goldtop justice so here’s another one!

What pickups are in the gold top at the moment just out of interest?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • davrosdavros Frets: 1330
    Top 8 are all my own builds. Bottom 2 are a 2008 Gibson LP Standard and an MJT Tele Custom.

0reaction image LOL 19reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @davros : wow! Those builds looks stunning! You've really gone for quite a colourful collection, there! I like the strong colours a lot! 
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 996
    edited March 2023
    i am currently down from 4 guitars to 1 atm (harley benton fusion iii pro hss in daphne blue) but have a prs se standard 24-08 in tobacco burst on pre order from peach so just waiting for it to turn up.

i will try to take some pics when it arrives (and learn how to upload them here also ;-) 
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1726
    Terrible snap, but this what’s out at the moment :)

Surprise - it’s all Hamers!

I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Bennyboy-UK : wow! Hamers are amazing guitars! 

The blackie with reverse headstock and gold hardware is my favourite there. 
    BigAl100 said:

Shhhh!

Keep it to yourself - I don’t need the normos cottoning on and further shafting the prices into the stratosphere :) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    BigAl100 said:

Yep, no idea what model that is but it looks great!
    edited March 2023
    BigAl100 said:

It’s a Centaura HH aka 2HB.

it was the model that was going to become the SS3 - the third Steve Steve’s Signature. Most Centaura are HSS - with varying electronics / typically JB/SSL-1/SSL-1 with or without preamp, or if it’s the scarce Centaura Deluxe it’s EMG 89/SA/SA and SPC control.

Steve jumped to Washburn at about that time so the Washburn SS 40/60 and 100 have a very noticeably similar configuration.

I’ve had three of the HH models and they were all excellent. The other two were 1990 models with probably the last issued Hamer Slammer Humbuckers made by Dimarzio. I like that pickup so much that the black one (1994 with JB/59 set) will be retrofitted with 80s Slammers.

I love these things.

I promise I’ll pop over and bring you a few to play properly :) 

BigAl100 said:

it was the model that was going to become the SS3 - the third Steve Steve’s Signature. Most Centaura are HSS - with varying electronics / typically JB/SSL-1/SSL-1 with or without preamp, or if it’s the scarce Centaura Deluxe it’s EMG 89/SA/SA and SPC control.

Steve jumped to Washburn at about that time so the Washburn SS 40/60 and 100 have a very noticeably similar configuration.

I’ve had three of the HH models and they were all excellent. The other two were 1990 models with probably the last issued Hamer Slammer Humbuckers made by Dimarzio. I like that pickup so much that the black one (1994 with JB/59 set) will be retrofitted with 80s Slammers.

I love these things.

I promise I’ll pop over and bring you a few to play properly :) 
    That's really interesting! I did not know that it was Steve Steve's signature. 
    edited March 2023
    BigAl100 said:
    BigAl100 said:

I love these things.

I promise I’ll pop over and bring you a few to play properly  
    It’s not officially, he left Hamer in about 1990ish the Centaura HH was what was planned as the 3 so it was never logo’s or marketed as one. Steve is pictured playing a white Hamer of the following spec about 1988/89.

There are 2 custom ordered 1988 preproduction Centauras with 22 frets and back angled pickups (HS) and volume and toggle switch only and regular edge jack socket with the model ref on records as Mony. 

This was 1 to 2 years before the Centaura hit the price list and catalogue.

This is probably as close as an SS-3 as you’ll get. This one was in Austria for most of its life before ending up in the US after 2018.

I want it.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Bennyboy-UK : I see why you want it! It's stunning and has a really interesting model history! Have you found the owner yet? 
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    BigAl100 said:
    BigAl100 said:

I love these things.

I promise I’ll pop over and bring you a few to play properly  
    It’s not officially, he left Hamer in about 1990ish the Centaura HH was what was planned as the 3 so it was never logo’s or marketed as one. Steve is pictured playing a white Hamer of the following spec about 1988/89.

There are 2 custom ordered 1988 preproduction Centauras with 22 frets and back angled pickups (HS) and volume and toggle switch only and regular edge jack socket with the model ref on records as Mony. 

This was 1 to 2 years before the Centaura hit the price list and catalogue.

This is probably as close as an SS-3 as you’ll get. This one was in Austria for most of its life before ending up in the US after 2018.

I want it.

Nice! And some interesting history, thanks :) And yes please, would love to try some!

There’s one of the Washburn ones at a shop near us, but it’s the cheaper one and not that great to play.
  • danbandanban Frets: 343
    tony99 said:
    danban said:
    Massive changes over the past year of clearing out guitars that have sat unused predominantly over the past couple of years and have consolidated those into a guitar I will use.

From left to right:

2022 Gibson SG Standard - from 4 SG’s to one, this is a cracker!

2018 Gibson CS 1957 Les Paul Reissue - recent acquisition, lovely guitar but a pickup change in the near future is a certainty as the pickups don’t have enough punch, cut or bottom end for what I need.

2016 Gibson ES335 Vos 1958 - The guitar by which all others are measured by, I’ve had this from new and is a superb. The guitar that always ends up on recordings as nothing can beat it but that could change once I dial in the Les Paul better.

My collection may have shrunk but I’m thoroughly happy.

Photo doesn’t do the Goldtop justice so here’s another one!

What pickups are in the gold top at the moment just out of interest?
    Hi Tony99,

The stock pickups are wax potted custombuckers.
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1852
    Only two at the moment a Squier acoustic and a Jet Tele. I have room for more,but not the budget currently.
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4136
    This is my current electric guitar family:

Schecter C6 Pro
    LTD EC-1000FR
    Gibson Les Paul Traditional
    PRS SE Custom 22
    Cort KX500MS
    Schecter PT Hellraiser Hybrid
    Ibanez RG1121PB
    Ibanez S521

I'm thinking about adding to it with a PRS SE McCarty, but I want to see one in the flesh first. 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Grumpyrocker : wow! What a great collection! Those tops looks great! I like the matching game controller with a similar finish to the guitar  ;)

My favourite is the top left. 
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4136
    BigAl100 said:
    @Grumpyrocker : wow! What a great collection! Those tops looks great! I like the matching game controller with a similar finish to the guitar  ;)

My favourite is the top left. 
    Thanks. I bought the controller recently just because it matched the guitar. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom