Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Summer's over

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    edited September 2013
    Tested mine this week end, hope to hold it off for a few more weeks yet

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My thermostat got turned up from 16 to 19 degrees this afternoon but that was because my tumble dryer is knackered and I discovered I didn't have a clean, dry shirt for work tomorrow so hot radiators were required.

I'll be turning it back down to summer settings as I go to bed.  Kerosene costs too much to worry about being cold when I'm not even fully awake.
  • RedRabbit;35318" said:
    I'll be turning it back down to summer settings as I go to bed.
    Why different settings for different times of year?

I refer you to ICBM's earlier comments....
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 985
    edited September 2013
    Christian O'Connell on absolute radio had a good phone-in the other day. One caller said the heating engineer asked if he wanted a dummy thermostat put in the hall, this is the one his wife uses, while the actual one that sets the temperature was tucked away somewhere else for him to operate ^:)^
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72414
    duotone said:
    Christian O'Connell on absolute radio had a good phone-in the other day. One caller said the heating engineer asked if he wanted a dummy thermostat put in the hall, this is the one his wife uses, while the actual one that sets the temperature was tucked away somewhere else for him to operate ^:)^
    Ooooh... I must be more stupid than usual, but when we had the heating system upgraded, the engineer didn't bother to fit the new thermostat that came with the new boiler because the old one was perfectly fine, so he just connected it to the new controller. He left me the new one in case I ever needed to replace it... it's lying in my workshop. Which coincidentally is just on the other side of the wall from the boiler...

:D

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• duotone said:
    brilliant! have a WOW
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24349
    Mine's been on and off for the past two weeks - very low setting, but on nonetheless.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming