New Band Coming Along

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Until you mention Les Paul neck glue........

Or cheap pedals.......

Or is she not on TGP?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That sounds excellent! how was it recorded?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17626
    tFB Trader
    That sounds excellent! how was it recorded?
    Cheers dude

It's a redbox coming out of the back of my Puretone running at very low volume into the desk. It has a little bit of 70's plate verb from a Flint because otherwise it sounds very dry. All the gain is from a Badass OD

The bass is DIed out of a TC Electronic head via an EBS Comp.

Drums are just a couple of mics on the kick and snare. 

Everything is going into a nice Allen and Heath digital desk and being recorded to a hard disk. 

It's a completely live take in the studio with no fiddling though I did run it through LANDR to beef it up a bit. 
  • Nice, I put this on, checked e-mail and forgot I put it on, thought I was listening to a CD! Awesome!
    tFB Trader
    Nice, I put this on, checked e-mail and forgot I put it on, thought I was listening to a CD! Awesome!
    Cheers dude :)

Hopefully more tracks to come 
  • Look forward to it!
  • monquixote;373955" said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:

That sounds excellent! how was it recorded?

Cheers dude

It's a redbox coming out of the back of my Puretone running at very low volume into the desk. It has a little bit of 70's plate verb from a Flint because otherwise it sounds very dry. All the gain is from a Badass OD

The bass is DIed out of a TC Electronic head via an EBS Comp.

Drums are just a couple of mics on the kick and snare. 

Everything is going into a nice Allen and Heath digital desk and being recorded to a hard disk. 

It's a completely live take in the studio with no fiddling though I did run it through LANDR to beef it up a bit. 
    Thanks for info :) what's LANDR?

It sounds really good, the od tone especially. So all the drive is from the pedal? Not many od pedals can pull that off to be honest, I might need to look into this badass... The only other one I've heard that really nails it is the boss od-3.

Great performance, from the whole band. And seriously, I'd love to see you guys live, it's right up my street.
    tFB Trader
    Thanks for info :) what's LANDR?

It sounds really good, the od tone especially. So all the drive is from the pedal? Not many od pedals can pull that off to be honest, I might need to look into this badass... The only other one I've heard that really nails it is the boss od-3.

Great performance, from the whole band. And seriously, I'd love to see you guys live, it's right up my street.
    LANDR is a free online Mastering service 
    It's quite useful for chucking demos through if you don't have the time to do a proper mastering effort.

All the dirt is from the Badass OD. It's one of my favorite pedals by far and I've had most of the hyped ones. 
    This demo is what made me buy it. 

Our first gig is going to be the Bury St Edmunds Christmas Fayre in NOvember then we will be on full time gigging from early next year. Where abouts are you?
  • I'm in Cambridgeshire, near Huntingdon. I will try to make that gig!

I've got permission to borrow my mates od-3 so I've saved an eBay search for the modified od. Lucky me.
    tFB Trader
    I'm in Cambridgeshire, near Huntingdon. I will try to make that gig!

I've got permission to borrow my mates od-3 so I've saved an eBay search for the modified od. Lucky me.
    Nice one dude!

Be good to meet you :)