Centaur with less than a day to go on ebay

What's Hot

Comments

• @stonevibe So when it is sold, how are you going to cope knowing your tone is going to be shite for the rest of your days? :D

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7151
    edited December 2014
    @stonevibe So when it is sold, how are you going to cope knowing your tone is going to be shite for the rest of your days? :D
    But my 'tone' is already shite...

Besides I like dirty fuzz box sounds. 

I am no 'blooze' player.

Had some great 'cash' offers off of Ebay as well and have 90 plus people watching the auction. I suspect to see what it sells for.

I'm a little suspect of the two people bidding on it at the moment as both have zero to little feedback on Ebay. So have a feeling this could end up being re-listed or sold privately to be honest.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibe said:
    I'm a little suspect of the two people bidding on it at the moment as both have zero to little feedback on Ebay. So have a feeling this could end up being re-listed or sold privately to be honest.

Aye, I saw those two and felt much the same. Having your two lead bidders with a total of 1 feedback report between them is a bit odd. 

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7437
    My all-time gear regret is selling my silver (non-horsey) one for £300 when that was the going rate. 
    Red ones are better. 
    stonevibe said:

Aye, I saw those two and felt much the same. Having your two lead bidders with a total of 1 feedback report between them is a bit odd. 

One of them is local and the other has told me he already bought one Klon and would be interested in buying mine if the Ebay deal falls through.

Either way its all a little suspect as they both have such low feedback scores.

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878

I would be more inclined to sell it to someone face to face local in cash than go through the whole PayPal/Ebay.

The risk with PayPal and eBay as you know is not only the fees, it is the people who will try and con you.  You might get people changing their mind and try and return it as broken.  You might even find some guy trying to swap it for an Arc Effects or something !  PayPal normally side with the buyer does not help the matter.

Right now, if it's between say £1500 on Ebay vs £1200 cash.  I'd take the cash even though in theory you are getting another 10% less.

• @stonevibe, I'd love to know how this pans out.  

I'm hoping it's an amazing investment success story for you! :)

I would be more inclined to sell it to someone face to face local in cash than go through the whole PayPal/Ebay.

The risk with PayPal and eBay as you know is not only the fees, it is the people who will try and con you.  You might get people changing their mind and try and return it as broken.  You might even find some guy trying to swap it for an Arc Effects or something !  PayPal normally side with the buyer does not help the matter.

Right now, if it's between say £1500 on Ebay vs £1200 cash.  I'd take the cash even though in theory you are getting another 10% less.

I'd pull the sale.

But I think it is too late to do so now.

• d8md8m Frets: 2434
    edited October 2015
    stonevibe said:

I'd pull the sale.

But I think it is too late to do so now.
    If the buyer seems dodgy send em one of these as a test!

:))

Joking aside I hoep it all works out for you :)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4556
    edited December 2014
    I guess the question mr @stonevibe is how much did you buy it for?
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22167
    edited December 2014
    Nobody really buys a Klon. A Klon buys you and owns you. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    DesVegas said:
    £199

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    stonevibe;460783" said:
    DesVegas said:

£199
    Wow...klon is a better investment than property!
  • stonevibe;460783" said:
    DesVegas said:

£199
    Well done, sir.

Did you get it "retail"? Because that's about what I'd expect a new klon to go for, maybe even a tad more bearing in mind the box and custom knobs and stuff.
    No I bought it used in a shop. 

It had a previous very famous owner and they were selling it for him on commission.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    stonevibe said:

It had a previous very famous owner and they were selling it for him on commission.
    You should have mentioned that in the auction !
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4556
    Was it . . . Rolf Harris?
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Are we all safely assuming that some of those £1000+ bids are not from people on this forum?
    edited December 2014
    stonevibe said:

You should have mentioned that in the auction !
    Got a feeling I may have to re-list it anyway, as the guy winning has zero feedback and the other guy behind him has a feedback score of 1...

So figure this Klon isn't going anywhere to be honest.

But there are 100 watchers, so maybe some nutter will bid higher than these two dubious Ebayers. 

Plus, I haven't got any provenance to prove its previous ownership, so it isn't worth the hassle of trying to prove it.

I just found this pic.

Back when I was a two Klon man or Mr Tone...

They both sounded the same, I just kept the older one as it was such a low serial number.

1reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom