What is the best way to...

.. get myself a yellow guitar.  Yellow as in primrose/new born chicken yellow but not butterscotch.  There are so few yellow guitars that buying something and spraying/painting it might be the only option.

Still thinking out loud, I would like to modify it a little but my woodwork skills are shall we say, limited.  And my painting skills are best not mentioned in public.  I have a long term 'plan' to get a small guitar such as a Hofner Shorty and do something with it.

Ideas floating around in my head: bolt on neck, single pickup, no trem and so on.  A Ricky or Ricky clone is different enough, like the Shorty, to consider

Anyone care to suggest something.  What are your experiences buying from Thomann?  How decent is the hardware fitted on Thomann guitars?

Thanks.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Tv yellow les paul? Get raygun relics to refinish/do you one.
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Lamf68 on here does lovely refinished.
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3127
    Rocker said:
    .. get myself a yellow guitar.  Yellow as in primrose/new born chicken yellow but not butterscotch.  There are so few yellow guitars that buying something and spraying/painting it might be the only option.

Still thinking out loud, I would like to modify it a little but my woodwork skills are shall we say, limited.  And my painting skills are best not mentioned in public.  I have a long term 'plan' to get a small guitar such as a Hofner Shorty and do something with it.

Ideas floating around in my head: bolt on neck, single pickup, no trem and so on.  A Ricky or Ricky clone is different enough, like the Shorty, to consider

Anyone care to suggest something.  What are your experiences buying from Thomann?  How decent is the hardware fitted on Thomann guitars?

Thanks.
    Have a look at the Modding Challenge - these are all the cheap Harley Benton models from Thomann and they are pretty much all brilliant!  Then have a look at our very own Steve Robinson's Manchester Guitar Tech site  here for the coolest yellow out there...