NSF freeway switch

anyone had any experience with these yet. i am finally getting around to changing the circuit board controls in my 2008 lp standard and was gonna fit some push/pulls for coil tapping,but have just stumbled across this. http://www.axesrus.co.uk/NSF-Freeway-6-position-switch-p/nsf3x3-03.htm
just wondering what the quality is like and how tricky are they to wire up.
cheers!
The Swamp City Shakers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16686
    The old version was a bit unreliable, but quite nice when it worked. It sometimes needed a wiggle yo get it working again. not tried the new version.
  • Fitted one on my PRS SE SC a few weeks ago.

Feels fine, very easy to use, simpler than push/pull or push push (which is the easier!).

While it was easy to wire up, I had to follow their diagrams as I couldn't really work out what connected where otherwise...
  • hhmmmm, i'm thinking push/pulls might be the way to go, it all looks a bit too faffy for my suasage fingers. 
    @Headphones, did you go with a regular coil split on both pickups?
    The Swamp City Shakers
  • Yes I did in the end.

Tried it for a few days with the partial split using resistors (as modern PRS), but it sounded more like a blanded-out humbucker than either a hum or single.  Seemed better with full fat/single. 

I started off with the stock PuPs, Ok hums, wonderful single coils; then swapped in some AxesRus PAF alikes, wonderful hums, Ok single coil.  Stuck with the latter as that's the heart of the instrument.

At various times in the past I've tried series/parallel too, which offers a diferent flavour of humbucker, but ended up back with the hum/single as the better choice.

I found the push push a lot easier than the push pulls, a quick jab does the job, rather than a slippery grip and tug. Mine came from Allparts.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    edited May 2015 tFB Trader
    I have them in stock - both the 24 contact and the JJ 6 contact version

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I have one on my CU22 fitted by Mr @FelineGuitars. Have been rehearsing with new band & it's working out a treat so far.