Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Bad trades List

What's Hot

Comments

• BenSirAmosBenSirAmos Frets: 411
    edited November 2013
    Maybe the title of this thread is wrong. It implies those named are bad traders - but if the issue is resolved, they are no longer bad traders. I agree that the feedback needs to stay so that all can see what went wrong - but I don't think the traders who have resolved issues are 'bad' in the way that those who have not bothered to sort it out are 'bad'.

Not that I can see a solution. Sorry
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Maybe the title of this thread is wrong. It implies those named are bad traders - but if the issue is resolved, they are no longer bad traders. I agree that the feedback needs to stay so that all can see what went wrong - but I don't think the traders who have resolved issues are 'bad' in the way that those who have not bothered to sort it out are 'bad'.

Not that I can see a solution. Sorry
    Makes sense. How about "bad trades", since it's describing incidents rather than people?
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Bad trades makes sense to me - and maybe if we date them as in when they were resolved it would help give a clearer picture.

The problem is that I'm guessing we don't want to invest in a big system to monitor this as to be honest, prior to the last week or so there were hardly ever any issues anyway. Putting a date on and leaving the thread intact makes the most sense to me until somebody comes up with a better plan.

If anybody who disagrees wants to pipe up over the next 24 hours or so, fine, otherwise I'll change it to Bad Trades and date the resolved ones... That OK?

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799

EBay system all the way.
    You would deal with someone with 99% feedback right?
    Depends- I will deal with someone who has one negative report.
    But if there are more than one or two then I tend to avoid them, or work out cash on collection type of deals where I have more control.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I agree that 'bad trades' is a better title and implication than 'bad traders'.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • "Problem trades (and resolutions)"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • "Problem trades (and resolutions)"
    I think that might be a winner.
    <space for hire>
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27574
    JookyChap said:
    If anybody who disagrees wants to pipe up over the next 24 hours or so, fine, otherwise I'll change it to Bad Trades and date the resolved ones... That OK?
    Thanks Mr Jooky.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • When they say Bad trader, is that bad as in the Michael Jackson way?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • How about just..... + and - not good or bad.
    How about we expunge the record if you do a sexy dance for us? ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26613
    edited November 2013
    How about just..... + and - not good or bad.
    That's not sufficient, because there's a world of difference between "was a bit late", "the guitar had a massive scratch on it" and "fucked off with all my money" (as examples).
    <space for hire>
    That's not sufficient, because there's a world of difference between "was a bit late", "the guitar had a massive scratch on it" and "fucked off with all my money" (as examples).
    For the same reason I think it is tricky to know when to remove negative but resolved issues, depending on the gravity of the problem.

What I mean is- I have no problem with minor incidents (like owing £30 for a couple of days and disappearing off email for 48 hours) being expunged but I do have a problem with major issues (intentionally deceiving people, swapping parts out in guitars and trying to return them, out and out stealing) being expunged.
    How and where do we draw the line though?
    What constitutes a major or minor offence?
    I kinda think that if anything gets raised then it gets reported back to the community.

People should have the right of reply- those that waive that right or say 'I don't have to explain myself' shouldn't get a free pass.

I am certain that the loss of reputation here is a motivating factor sorting out the outstanding issues.
    If people think they can string us along and then sort it out at the 11th hour and have their slate wiped clean then I reckon that won't work as well as a motivating factor.

I advocate a 'tough but fair' approach.
  • octatonic;94317" said:
    digitalscream said:

Adolfhipster said:

For the same reason I think it is tricky to know when to remove negative but resolved issues, depending on the gravity of the problem.

What I mean is- I have no problem with minor incidents (like owing £30 for a couple of days and disappearing off email for 48 hours) being expunged but I do have a problem with major issues (intentionally deceiving people, swapping parts out in guitars and trying to return them, out and out stealing) being expunged.How and where do we draw the line though?What constitutes a major or minor offence?I kinda think that if anything gets raised then it gets reported back to the community.

People should have the right of reply- those that waive that right or say 'I don't have to explain myself' shouldn't get a free pass.

I am certain that the loss of reputation here is a motivating factor sorting out the outstanding issues.If people think they can string us along and then sort it out at the 11th hour and have their slate wiped clean then I reckon that won't work as well as a motivating factor.

I advocate a 'tough but fair' approach.
    Agree 100%.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • FazerFazer Frets: 467
    i agree it should be bad trades, and the transactions dated but with the real bad, unresolved ones at the top and clear.

i do also think that it should be much more clear who the 'bad trader' was - at the moment the 'offending party' is slightly in bold text, and the other person's name is right next to them, and if you dont look the through the entire thread its not clear what gone on and who was 'bad'.

i dont think that the 'innocent' person should have their name up there in the same way if its not clearly stated that they are the person who was being 'wronged'

(i appreciate that in some cases there may be a case of whose opinion to believe but where its straight forward then it should be very clear)
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    edited November 2013
    Good point @Fazer

I've updated the first post to hopefully reflect where we have ended-up. The Thread name has changed, complaints are dated as for when they have been resolved, I've clarified who has reported the problem etc.

Any more suggestions gratefully received :)

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4139
    edited November 2013
    We could just merge the good trades/bad trades threads and have one with "traders feedback". Each username get's a +x/-y next to their name; so mine would be something like +9999999999/-0 for example. ;)

Takes just as much time to manage, but saves checking two threads.

Happy to help out if the admin's don't want the work! :)
  • I have been paid as promised by adolf now so all is well as far as I'm concerned on that front
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27574
    @JookyChap

Probably makes sense to start a clean discussion for the actual bad trades list, and keep it as a clean list of the bad'uns.

The discussion of how the process should work could stay in this (separate) thread ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    I have been paid as promised by adolf now so all is well as far as I'm concerned on that front
    Excellent. 

However, 2+ months to receive your cash? Sounds shit to me!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom