SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Marshall 4001, Studio 15

luscombeluscombe Frets: 155
edited November 2013 in Amps £

Extremely rare and collectable Marshall valve combo. They were only made from 1986 - 1992., and only 500 units were produced.

They were the only Marshall ever made to use 6V6 valves, and the first Marshall to feature Celestian 12'' Vintage 30 speaker. They were famously used by Martin Barre of Jethro Tull, and were a favourite in recording studios due to the direct output which could be fed straight into a mixing desk. It has a master volume to allow true Marshall distortion at domestic volumes, and even a built in attenuator to allow the player to run the speaker from the headphone socket for late night practice sessions. Many enthusiastic owners testify that the amp is big enogh for small gigs, or you could always mike it up and use it as a monitor.

I have owned this amp from new, and the serial number (U18915) dates it to 1986. It is in mint condition with no damage or tears. the amp has never been out of the house and I estimate it has only had 10 hours use from new as I only play acoustics at home. It has the original cover and even has the original valves! This is a collectors dream and can only increase in value. I'll post some photographs shortly, but there's a wealth of information about these amps on the Internet. 

I'm looking for £600.00 for this amp.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m199/jeffsilvaire/ad1_zpsabf13d99.jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments