Redsound Handmade FRFR cabs from Italy - these sound good

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• FarleyUK said:
    Yeah, very happy - didn't need much (of any) guitar in my in ear mix either. 

Incidentally, anyone know where I can get covers for the rack slanted cabs from?
    If you contact Hotcovers they will sort you out. They give you a size template to complete. I had one made for my normal RS cab and it fits perfectly, great quality too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Enquire at Hot Covers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    Cheers guys, will do!
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    Just played my first gig with the Ax8 / Redsound combination. Fantastic - couldn't be happier. 
    Nice one @exocet ; - did you notice the difference between the Red Sound and other FRFRs?
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1958
    Kebabkid said:
    Nice one @exocet ; - did you notice the difference between the Red Sound and other FRFRs?
    I have to confess that I'm a FRFR virgin! 
    What I can say is that in my attempts to move from standard guitar amp to "modelling", I tried a Yamaha DXR12 and didn't really like it - never tried that live and whilst  I'm sure I could have made it work - it would have felt like a compromise. 
    I've been dabbling with the Redsound at home using Ax8 and the Austin Buddy preset packs which are mixed for live use. I've been tweaking a patch based on a Mesa Lonestar coupled with a 15" speaker cab emulation. 
    I play mainly clean (funk style) but use pedals for solo drive. 
    Last night playing live, it felt like I had a guitar amp on stage with me. Great clarity and punch even though I was stood off axis to the cab. 
    I need to tweak my Drive tone levels but apart from that it was pretty damn fine.
    edited August 2019
    This is what people say 'It sounds more like I'm playing through an amp with the Red Sound.

Having heard them side by side with a valve head and 2 x12 cab, a Kemper and Helix with a DRX for reference, the Red Sound was streets ahead and just sounded like an amp.
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Thinking around getting an FRFR for my Helix. I just use a powered Laney wedge monitor at the moment and had been eyeing he DXR10 due to the excellent reviews.

I'm not someone who's used to having a valve amp on stage so don't have that frame of reference and so can't hanker after it. With all that in mind, I'm expecting that the DXR10 would satisfy my needs. What else would something like the Redsound give me as a monitor facing me rather than taking the form of being placed behind me as a valve amp would normally be?

There's degrees of excellence as given the great sound quality of the Helix am I really going to have a better gig due to the Redsound. Its not like the DXR10 is crap!!
    What I said D - @hubobulous - if interested in hearing the Red Sound cabs, PM me :)
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    Thinking around getting an FRFR for my Helix. I just use a powered Laney wedge monitor at the moment and had been eyeing he DXR10 due to the excellent reviews.

I'm not someone who's used to having a valve amp on stage so don't have that frame of reference and so can't hanker after it. With all that in mind, I'm expecting that the DXR10 would satisfy my needs. What else would something like the Redsound give me as a monitor facing me rather than taking the form of being placed behind me as a valve amp would normally be?

There's degrees of excellence as given the great sound quality of the Helix am I really going to have a better gig due to the Redsound. Its not like the DXR10 is crap!!
    I bought a dxr10 a couple of years ago to dip my toe in the frfr pool as it were. It sounded great with my Kemper and Axe II but when I used it for a gig, I felt it was struggling to cut through.

I saw a B stock Redsound on Thomann's site and, as I'd heard good things, I took a chance. Compared to the dxr10, it was more like a guitar cab and felt quite bassy due to more low end output. Both cabs sounded good but neither was exactly the sound I was looking for. As I had them both, I tried mounting the dxr10 on a pole behind the Redsound and using them both together. That, for me, was the revelation. They compliment each other perfectly and there's loads of headroom.

I appreciate that this is not a cheap solution but it is IMHO, a game changer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3749
    Does anybody fancy selling one of these? :)
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • Hey all! Got a few questions. How loud are they? Do they compete with a loud drummer, bass and another loud bastard guitarist? Also, have anyone tried them for keyboards.  Can you gig with them? Thanks
  • @carl999pop Certainly easily loud enough for most gigs as backline without being pushed too hard. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • Great - thank you!