TheFB Fat Club.

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• DavidReesDavidRees Frets: 337
    Weigh in time - this morning the scales of doom say 276.8lbs, that's a whopping 125.8kgs ...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5106
    I'm in, I don't understand why I have to send @Gassage  nude pics tho?
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5106
    97kg....... and counting. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TavernorTavernor Frets: 85
    Last middle of the night burger eaten, I'll weigh myself this evening.
  • McSwaggertyMcSwaggerty Frets: 663
    A few years back I used to be overweight ....by about 2 stones.
    l didn't like it, l hated my belly....decided to do something about it.
    l like my social life and that obviously included beer, that didn't change, but l stopped eating shite and started walking everywhere l could, rather than jumping in the car.
    In 4 months l had lost these 2 stones.....and feel heaps better.
    So Guys, best of luck, you can all do it if you really want to, and still have a pint or 6
    Just cut out the shite food and go for a walk.

I offer these words as encouragement......good luck to everyone of you.......

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11731
    edited April 2017 tFB Trader
    Okay - I'm in but my current weight is more than the rest of you (put together it seems)

I'm currently 21st 5lb (137kg)  and have yo-yo dieted up and down for a number of years but this is the worst I've been.

For a long time, I hid my weight well as I've always been a stocky build, but it's gotten beyond a joke. 
    One of my main problems is I've been in a long distance relationship for 12+ years and as a result, all my local friendships withered away as I was never around at weekends, so I tend to be stuck at work/home or merely talking on the phone, and turning to food for comfort (a bad habit I've had since childhood).
    Loneliness and isolation don't suit me well and I have found that if you just go out to the pub as some suggested,  you end up as the sad old bastard in the corner who nobody wants to talk to as he's a weirdo who is all on his own.

I've had rows with my Doctor whose BMI charts want me to be 11-12 stone as I'm 6'1"
    Now like many I don't agree with BMI charts at all as it takes a one size fits all based on height with no other factors.
    I haven't ever been on the right side of the line in my whole life.
    I did get close 25 years+ ago when I was unemployed/temping and cycled and swam for 5 hours a day, every day.
    My Doc can't see why I can't do that again now....something to do with not enough hours in the day with work, and I'm in my fifties now, and not my mid-twenties. 
    Also, you can't cycle safely on Croydon streets anymore, as every driver seems to have their nose in their mobile phone.

I started back at the gym last January, but sadly pushed too hard and injured myself badly enough that I hadn't been back since, and needless to say, have put on two stone through being bored, alone and comfort eating.

But I have started again last month by signing up to a gym that has a swimming pool and I am making myself swim nearly every day. I do believe that in being persistent, results will come through.
    I will try to go back to a kind of low carb eating plan that did suit me quite well - the slow carb diet which eradicates white carbs but allows pulses and beans etc.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 501
    octatonic said:
    A word of caution- don't get too worried about scale weight.
    15 stone could look awesome if you are 8% body fat, or awful if you are 40% body fat.
    Ultimately it is a look you are going for.

If you can't calculate body fat percentage then this should give you a rough idea of where you are at:

Based on this I'd say I'm currently around the 30% mark.  A couple of years ago I was probably between 15 and 20%.  At that time I was 12st 4lb (at 6' tall).  Now I'm somewhere north of 15st 7lb.  

Had to buy my first pair of 38" waist jeans last week after wearing through the 36" pair on the inner thigh.  I'm really not happy about this and need to do something about it and get back down to at least 13st.

I need to sort out 4 main things to get back on track

1.  Cut out the booze - currently drinking most nights while sat watching TV.  Sometimes just a beer with dinner but sometime a couple of beers and a couple of shorts afterwards (and certainly not pub measures here either).  Need to get back to just a couple of beers at the weekend.

2.  Stop being lazy with food - it's far too easy to stop at Asda to pick up a pizza/curry/pasta on the way home.  When I cook it tends to be healthy and I can cook to a decent standard so making healthy, tasty food has never been an issue.  It really is laziness that's the problem here.

3.  Start exercising again - I've done various programs in the past (I did T25 with a group from here a couple of years ago) but once the program's finished I lose focus.  I want to get back into running as it's something I can keep getting better at at.  Also want to do some body weight training and yoga to improve strength and flexibility though that's mainly to help with some shoulder issues I've been noticing at rehearsals the past few months.

4.  SLEEP - huge one for me.  I don't sleep well and poor sleep means I get up late (I'm better at exercising in the morning and it really helps if I start the day off right) and I'm tired in the evening after work (makes Asda pizza all the more tempting).  I need at least 7 hours uninterrupted sleep a night to function properly.  10pm - 5:30am is ideal for me as it allows me to exercise in the morning.  I know once I get the food and exercise points sorted then better sleep will follow but it's a bit of a vicious circle.  A couple of weeks of pain while I sort it will be worth it in the long run though. 

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I'm in.

Not sure on current weight but will weigh myself in the morning and that can be me starting point.  I'll initially aim to lose 1.5 - 2 lbs a week but will scale it back to 1lb/week once I'm below 15st.  I'll be tracking intake with MyFittnessPal (can share details here if anyone else is using it).

For the sake of full disclosure I'm currently sat watching Buffy with a glass of rum (about to be refilled) and a half empty tube of Pringles next to the sofa.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    octatonic said:
    A word of caution- don't get too worried about scale weight.
    15 stone could look awesome if you are 8% body fat, or awful if you are 40% body fat.
    Ultimately it is a look you are going for.

If you can't calculate body fat percentage then this should give you a rough idea of where you are at:

Guessing I'm about 23% body fat right now then.