The Theresa May General Election thread (edited)

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    The local Muslim community claim they warned police about the bomber years ago. If this is true someone has some questions to answer.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    They would blame the police rather than anyone else at their local church
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22613
    Snap said:
    At the time of regular bombings, killing British citizens, indiscriminately, he was pictured at IRA member's funerals, making his respects. If you think that is fine, then that really is up to you. I don't, and I think there are millions of people who agree with me.

I mean buddy up in it's truest sense as well, not just facilitate discussions. I remember it at the time, he was all over them - in my opinion, his conduct, timing, judgment etc showed a total blindspot for public opinion and sentiment, and was hugely disrespectful of British victims. this is an MP, not a general member of the public.

Thankyou for pointing out how the Troubles were settled. As a 47 year old, whose ancestors were in the Easter Risings in 1916, members of the original IRA, who's old enough to remember seeing and hearing about terrorist activity almost daily through my youth, who was in Belfast on the day the agreement was signed, I know exactly how it worked. I had personal interests involved (family).

Corbyn was an unneccessary meddler, who did the opposite of help the peace progress IMO. A busy body self appointed controversy seeking do-gooder, who's actions were poorly judged.

It seems he has made a lifetime habit of misjudging many things. Trident and the military are another.

"Common sense and realism"

That's a phrase I'd really like to kick to death. It suggests that there is one route to things, this marvellous common sense approach that you'd be barmy not to follow. 

Has he misjudged Trident? We've spent a fortune on a system that we've never actually used, a system that is there for a world war that is unlikely to happen that offers us fuck all defence whatsoever from the actual combative threats we do face in this country now. 

When it comes to military misjudgements, there are far greater candidates out there than a beardy MP. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    capo4th said:

Johhnny what are you blabbling on about ? 

Please mind your language some younger people maybe reading. 

Also please stop losing your shit on the internet you big soggy haggis.

Bless that is a shame it seem your comprehension issues, better get that seen to incase it is the rapidly aproaching senilty.

I realise English is a complex language can be a struggle for the slow of thinking like yourself, Just say when you want wee words used and for us to spell it out fo net ikalee for you.

No shit lost here you silly Jezza Hunt of a man.  But dumb is as dumb does so waffle away and make yourself look even more of a tit that you have already.

Now stop disgracing yourself all over the shop and get back to being the trolling xenophobic fossil we all know you are.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    johnnyurq said:
    capo4th said:

Johhnny what are you blabbling on about ? 

Please mind your language some younger people maybe reading. 

Also please stop losing your shit on the internet you big soggy haggis.

Bless that is a shame it seem your comprehension issues, better get that seen to incase it is the rapidly aproaching senilty.

I realise English is a complex language can be a struggle for the slow of thinking like yourself, Just say when you want wee words used and for us to spell it out fo net ikalee for you.

No shit lost here you silly Jezza Hunt of a man.  But dumb is as dumb does so waffle away and make yourself look even more of a tit that you have already.

Now stop disgracing yourself all over the shop and get back to being the trolling xenophobic fossil we all know you are.
    Yes Johnny you are making a lot of sense keep taking the tablets and drinking the maddog 2020 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2017
    capo4th said:
    Corbyn is a well known supporter of bombers and terrorists the info is out there. 

So was Thatcher (armed Iraq, Pinochet, sent the SAS to train up forces who ended up working for Pol Pot). Would you damn her in the same way?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Corbyn denies where his loyalties lie
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2017
    Thatcher is dead we are in 2017
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2112
    edited May 2017
    If the past is irrelevant @capo4th why do you keep dragging up the past? Thick cunt. ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    capo4th said:
    And we have peace in Ireland and some IRA sympathisers are now respected politicians. A great deal of people have chosen to look to the future rather than dredge up the past. 

But not you.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    When it suits you honestly the hypocrisy on here is worse than the House of Commons 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Budgie said:
    If the past is irrelevant @capo4th why do you keep dragging up the past? Thick cunt. ;)
    I have a degree my friend and a CIM Professional Diploma in Marketing. 
    I will accept the cunt but not the thick !

Come on be reasonable have a WiZ it will make you feel better about the election landslide that is about to unfold. I have just despatched my postal vote today special delivery! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    capo4th said:
    Corbyn is a well known supporter of bombers and terrorists the info is out there. 

So was Thatcher (armed Iraq, Pinochet, sent the SAS to train up forces who ended up working for Pol Pot). Would you damn her in the same way?
    Except that doing a thing without anticipating the consequences is completely different to observing someone doing something shitty and supporting them in it.

We're all cool with the rest of the members of the Lost Prophet's because we know they didn't support their singer in noncing, even if the existence of the band helped to facillitate it. We'd be much less sympathetic to them if we knew they supported him in it or even knew about it but did nothing.

Kind of an extreme example I suppose, but I think there is a big distinction between those Maggie examples you gave and the Corbyn examples given.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    capo4th said:
    And we have peace in Ireland and some IRA sympathisers are now respected politicians. A great deal of people have chosen to look to the future rather than dredge up the past. 

And that's not even necessarily true either. People are fine digging up IRA connections when it's a Conservative MP who has a past, despite her turning over a new leaf. But Corbyn and his supporters have been dodging these accusations for years!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Mmmmmm it could be a long night .....
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Except that doing a thing without anticipating the consequences is completely different to observing someone doing something shitty and supporting them in it.

We're all cool with the rest of the members of the Lost Prophet's because we know they didn't support their singer in noncing, even if the existence of the band helped to facillitate it. We'd be much less sympathetic to them if we knew they supported him in it or even knew about it but did nothing.

Kind of an extreme example I suppose, but I think there is a big distinction between those Maggie examples you gave and the Corbyn examples given.

The majority of Pinochet's victims, both those murdered and those tortured were in the 1970's before Thatcher took office. Statistically you're talking a similar number dead to those in The Troubles. So Pinochet did something shitty and Thatcher never condemned him and later had reason to be thankful to him for some assistance in the Falklands. 

Next, Iraq. We sold arms to Iraq during the Iran-Iraq War despite being officially neutral. If you really want to claim that the British government didn't anticipate that Saddam might use those weapons, we could be having a long night. 

Next, Pol Pot. The whole story is here. Short version: the SAS trained up forces for Pol Pot from 1983. He was a ruthless totalitarian dictator before Thatcher came to power and he was still a bastard when the SAS went in. 

So morally dubious support acts is hardly the domain of Mr Beardy Vest. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_TNBD said:
    And that's not even necessarily true either. People are fine digging up IRA connections when it's a Conservative MP who has a past, despite her turning over a new leaf. But Corbyn and his supporters have been dodging these accusations for years!
    I'm not people though, am I? :dizzy: This is why I don't feel the need to shame that Conservative MP or to denounce the late Martin McGuinness. The Irish problems were horrible. It's taken a long way to get to this point. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    So why dredge the river ? 
    Corbyn is proposing himself as the next PM he is a shambles 
    capo4th said:
    So why dredge the river ? 

I believe it's called 'replying to your initial comment'. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom