The Captain meets John Petrucci...

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    DLM said:
    simonk said:
    Tuscan777 said:

This all seems to stem from the 'interview bomb' that happened at NAMM earlier in the year, so I'm hopeful that Steve Morse will be in one of these soon, and as Deep Purple are in the UK this Summer.
    Yeah, I hope you're right. It gets a little uncomfortable to watch at times that NAMM clip:

Very true. But that's OK, because this happened:

I'd never have heard Luke being a total boss on that tune otherwise. And neither would a whole load of other people. Even if PG got his wires crossed and named this song instead of the one he meant, with the killer solo, which was obviously elsewhere on the album.

Jeez, there's 3 minutes I can never get back...

Both Luke and Landau make appearances on the album apparently, but on the strength of "Huggin'" I'm not sure I have the heart to go any find their stand out bits.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30357
    Tuscan777 said:
    Skimmed it, thought it was good on the bits I stopped on, although I'm no fan of JP's music he certainly seemed a good interviewee.

This all seems to stem from the 'interview bomb' that happened at NAMM earlier in the year, so I'm hopeful that Steve Morse will be in one of these soon, and as Deep Purple are in the UK this Summer.
    Given the stuff that Steve Morse seems to chat about, I can only assume the interview would be deathly dull. 

The man man lives on a ranch, which is a mini airport, tours the world with one of the most influential rock bands of all time, is himself a fantastically talented player, when asked what he last went out of his house to get he paused......."Twine"

That's just his euphemism for outside toilet.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2413
    Jesus, guys, cut the guy some slack. He's literally learning to be an interviewer in front of tens of thousands of people, interviewing people's heroes. How about you put yourselves in his position and consider how bloody nerve-wracking that must be, and how you might handle it?

Like it or not, he's the most recognisable face of his company, so it stands to reason that he's the one for the job; they could get a better interviewer in, but that would increase the chance that they'd eventually bugger off and take their viewers with them. That can't happen with Lee Anderton, by definition.

I think he does a decent job, but then, there are much more difficult careers out there which I assume are a lot less 'fun' and a hell of a lot more stressful. Andertons seem to be a good company.
    Can only assume you've never run your own business with multiple employees. He maybe having some fun but I should think over the years it's been very stressful.

No and in this climate I wouldn't unless it was food/drink related. I have however worked alongside my parents (many years ago) in their own company and seen what it is like. I have also worked in small law firms and seen some difficulties (and definitely so with the current changes in certain areas of law) but if Lee is wise, he will not be running any of the dull/admin side himself, and taking advice for his big decisions off experts. Let's also remember that he works in music and loves guitars, so his passion had become his day to day life....and for a gearhead that must still be quite fun. Much more fun and laid back than some careers. I am giving him credit though; Andertons are storming it right now.  

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2413
    Jesus, guys, cut the guy some slack. He's literally learning to be an interviewer in front of tens of thousands of people, interviewing people's heroes. How about you put yourselves in his position and consider how bloody nerve-wracking that must be, and how you might handle it?

Like it or not, he's the most recognisable face of his company, so it stands to reason that he's the one for the job; they could get a better interviewer in, but that would increase the chance that they'd eventually bugger off and take their viewers with them. That can't happen with Lee Anderton, by definition.

I think he does a decent job, but then, there are much more difficult careers out there which I assume are a lot less 'fun' and a hell of a lot more stressful. Andertons seem to be a good company.
    Can only assume you've never run your own business with multiple employees. He maybe having some fun but I should think over the years it's been very stressful.

Not my own personally no, but worked with family many years ago in their business, and seen the day to day running of small law firms, so yes, there is stress but it is a different 'type'. Plus, I haven't seen many businessmen having hours to play guitar and been given gifts of amazing gear from manufacturers.