Dorje' gear nicked in Berlin

What's Hot
12345679»

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    holnrew said:
    They're lucky to have such a large fanbase for such mediocre music. There's no excuse for complacency like this and anybody who donates is a fool.
    Well... as the go fund me page says...

This campaign is trending!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    holnrew said:
    They're lucky to have such a large fanbase for such mediocre music. There's no excuse for complacency like this and anybody who donates is a fool.

I don't think that is entirely fair to be honest. Its like saying "Im not helping you because you made a mistake", which is a pretty shitty attitude to have in my opinion.

I made a small donation. I don't particularly like Dorjes music, but I didn't really take that into consideration to be honest. Just doing something to help out a fellow human being.

Not having a pop at you specifically @holnrew, its just that yours was the first available post to quote :)

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2959
    holnrew said:
    Fret whore ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4780
    holnrew said:
    Well I was going to buy their EP as act of support,but now you've put it that way, I'm buying yours instead!
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fftcfftc Frets: 559
    So the gofundme is sitting at about £7K and Rob and Bea have both just bought new guitars. A CS Strat for Bea and a wood library (wtf that is!) PRS for Rob. That's gotta be £7Ks worth of guitars!
    Does that seem like incredibly poor timing to anyone else?
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7868
    fftc said:
    So the gofundme is sitting at about £7K and Rob and Bea have both just bought new guitars. A CS Strat for Bea and a wood library (wtf that is!) PRS for Rob. That's gotta be £7Ks worth of guitars!
    Does that seem like incredibly poor timing to anyone else?
    Well, Rob and Bea didn't get any stuff nicked so the go fund me was not for them, but yeah I can see how it looks odd..
    Well, Rob and Bea didn't get any stuff nicked so the go fund me was not for them, but yeah I can see how it looks odd..
    I'd just like to clarify I don't think it looks odd, or that there is anything suspect. I just think it is incredibly poor timing.
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2524
    fftc said:
    So the gofundme is sitting at about £7K
    It's hard to see from the gofundme page, but there's an update to click on which says that the campaign was disabled four days ago. I don't think anyone's posted that yet.
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    fftc said:
    I'd just like to clarify I don't think it looks odd, or that there is anything suspect. I just think it is incredibly poor timing.

Yeah, this.

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7868
    fftc said:
    I do. It looks odd.

Help we need money (only by association)
    We bought new guitars!

Even though there is no connection to Rob and Bea, It's just odd. Mainly down to timing etc.

I absolutely do not think anything dodgy has gone on, both Rob and Bea contributed to the Go fund Me, but I don't think they've maybe made the best PR decisions over the last week :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5106
    fftc said:
    I do. It looks odd.

Help we need money (only by association)
    We bought new guitars!

Even though there is no connection to Rob and Bea, It's just odd. Mainly down to timing etc.

I absolutely do not think anything dodgy has gone on, both Rob and Bea contributed to the Go fund Me, but I don't think they've maybe made the best PR decisions over the last week :)
    As with most things it's entirely possible that that didn't have much say in it. 

As far far as I can tell the fund was set up by Dan ( buddy on tour with them something to do with Chapman guitars) 
    after getting so many requests from fans wanting to help out. 

Looks like that decision backfired over social media and they closed the fund.

I don't know how these things work so is it one of those Ines where you don't actually have any money taken if they don't reach their goal? Or is it just a pot of cash?
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    As with most things it's entirely possible that that didn't have much say in it. 

They have every say in when they buy guitars though!

It just smacks of a complete lack of awareness of how things appear to the world that is watching. For two guys who use the whole modern media thing as their platform, especially Rob, it just comes across as very naive at best!
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24584
    Maybe I could run a raffle for them.....?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10884
    edited May 2017
    Maybe I could run a raffle for them.....?
    Cool.

Can I donate my Rob Chapman signature head band.I've no need of it since I realised I wasn't a teenager anymore,and was,in fact,a balding middle aged man,and cut my dreads off.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • themeinsidethemeinside Frets: 218
    Having watched the tour video, that Max fellow comes across as a bell of the highest calibre. Dear oh dear.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4713
    Sod solar power. If it was possible to harness the energy from the endless and frankly mystifying bile that's spouted at Chapman and anything he does, we'd have a free source of energy for years. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom