K-Line Guitars

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9676
    Guys,

Shins, CNC, hand made...whatever

If you guys can make guitars to HIS standard, fair play to you.

I a/b them against CS, Masterbuilt etc and they were better in some cases. The Fano, which I have previously loved, weren't even close. And I mean that...

I would need a relic, and I'm not keen on the headstock. But they are quality and cheap as chips for the price, imho
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7182
    I was going to order one of these from Coda in January when I first saw them.

Can't remember why I didn't now...

Maybe see about getting one this year, maybe not...
    Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12029
    Wazmeister;590597" said:
    Guys,

I a/b them against CS, Masterbuilt etc and they were better in some cases. The Fano, which I have previously loved, weren't even close. And I mean that...

I would need a relic, and I'm not keen on the headstock. But they are quality and cheap as chips for the price, imho
    can you even get get a CS relic Fender for that price? I actually don't believe you need a Fender for a bolt-on like you sort of do with a Gibson for a Les Paul. Since the recipe for a Fender is much simpler.
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1303
    are these like Brave wood - hand built from scratch to be vintage spec, or are these like Fender licensed parts painted and aged ?
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1292
    edited April 2015 tFB Trader
    This one looks great. Actually like the headstock - probably the nicest I've seen, and it seems to suit the streamlined Telemaster shape.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33901
    edited April 2015
    Guys,

As I said, I have no problem with CNC, I'm just interested in how some folks qualify their 'hand-built' claim. My recent tele build had a cnc'd body and a neck I used an overhead router on. I still think of it as hand built.
    timhulio said:
    This one looks great. Actually like the headstock - probably the nicest I've seen, and it seems to suit the streamlined Telemaster shape.

I played that one yesterday Tim... beautiful. Lovely worn in feel...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1292
    tFB Trader
    It's right up my street -  the tort/black is the same as my AVRI Jazzmaster, and the pickup combo is the same as my Tele thinline. Now if only I didn't have to buy a new car this year...
    Tim,

Get a grip - who needs a new car ?!?! Oh, hang on - you're probably right !

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7182
    timhulio said:

I played that one yesterday Tim... beautiful. Lovely worn in feel...
    That is exactly the one I was going to order back in January!

But haven't tried one and not heading to Coda, so was put off by the punt.
    Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
  • K_LineK_Line Frets: 20
    I am very interested in what everyone's take is on hand made.  Does one need to chisel and carve with knives? No power tools at all?  I have done them both ways and one thing I will guarantee is guitars made with CNC achieve a standard.  Provides uniformity.  The machine is with a few 1/1000ths on every neck and body.  I do not intend on getting an argument going, just want to clarify what we are talking about.
  • StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1494
    Repeating myself from another thread here, but I have to say in the few short months I've had it my K-Line Truxton Special has become my number one guitar - to the degree if I ever had to take one electric to a session, that would be the one. This is basically amazing to me.

I don't know how it's done, but it's the best-playing bolt-on neck guitar I've ever owned, and it sounds fantastic. I'm trying SO hard not to think about the second-hand strat at Coda
  • K_LineK_Line Frets: 20
    bertie said:
    Loobs said:
    bertie;161866" said:
    one word

why ?
    Why what?

yet another company offering the same old thing  *yawn*
    Kind of agree.  They've also fixed the neck angle for better tone and intonation. 

Because the intonation on plain, flat heeled necks was bad? 

If they fixed the neck angle on the Jazzmaster, now, that's a different story. 
    The San Bernardino has an angles pocket, much the same angle as a LP.  This allows for the proper clearance at the bridge and better stability of tuning.  You can run the neck dead straight and low action.