Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Plugin Deals and Discussion Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2414
    Freebird said:
    FarleyUK said:
    FarleyUK said:
    Neural DSP posted a message on their fb: PLINI50
    Dammit, I missed it!!
    I can be wrong, but I think it should be live until friday
    Didn't work - however, I found a code for 30% off so just purchased Plini and Fortin Cali.

The code is GUITARNERDS.
    How does the Cali compare with the Kemper?
    It's....OK. Baring in mind I've only played with it for 15 mins; and I'm not used to going in direct via my i6 input, so might have configured something incorrectly.... but personally, I'm preferring the TopJimi Plexi Kemper profiles at the minute. Will get playing around more with it later.

Positive side is that as I'm due to receive the Quad Cortex in November, I've now got two plugins that can be used with it (once they release that update).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8493
    Plugin alliance have sent out 3 one-time use vouchers for 29,39 & 49 dolla respectively. Not totally sure I'm going to bite, but if anyone particularly wants a plug for $29, this week is the time.
  • Cirrus said:
    Plugin alliance have sent out 3 one-time use vouchers for 29,39 & 49 dolla respectively. Not totally sure I'm going to bite, but if anyone particularly wants a plug for $29, this week is the time.
    Yeah Im not sure either as I have quite a lot of their catalog already. I am missing some saturation so was considering HG-2 but I think I want a tap saturation rather than tube.

The other one that caught my eye because it was right next to HG-2 on the product page was bx_refinement...is this basically a soothe alternative?

I've been using the SSL E channel a lot recently and would def recommend that to anyone who doesn't have it, along with the VH4 sim naturally :) 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • I was thinking in getting some of their amp simulations, as I think I would enjoy them more than the channel strips, compressors, EQs and the such.
    As I play also bass and I am more into classic/hard than metal, I was thinking I would get the VST-VR, Bassdude and the Orange... I have demoed them and I liked them quite a lot.
    Do you have any other favourites?
  • I used the ampeg for a bit and did like it but it got replaced pretty much wholesale by parallax which is just the dogs bollocks for heavy tones
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Customer support from Neural DSP sent me a new code for the Plini discount. They say it is in case I had missed the promotion due to lack of newsletter email or whatever reason.
    They also say this new code has limited uses, so they ask not sharing. But I imagine everyone who is already a customer may had received it. I just pulled the trigger -I was delighted by the demo-.
    Also used the Plugin Alliance vouchers, adding the survey voucher (extra $25 discount, I used it on top of the 3rd voucher) as well, because I had not used it yet.
    Now, I have a lot of new toys to play with.
  • Free Waves Manny Marroquin Tone Shaper

https://www.waves.com/account/tone-shaper-free
  • Plini back on sale until Friday 4th code is plini50
  • Cirrus said:
    Yeah Im not sure either as I have quite a lot of their catalog already. I am missing some saturation so was considering HG-2 but I think I want a tap saturation rather than tube.

The other one that caught my eye because it was right next to HG-2 on the product page was bx_refinement...is this basically a soothe alternative?

I've been using the SSL E channel a lot recently and would def recommend that to anyone who doesn't have it, along with the VH4 sim naturally :) 
    The bx refinement is really good. It think it’s similar to soothe looking at it, but i’ve not used soothe. It’s excellent on guitars and vocals i’ve found. Just gets rid of the harshness. It’s also got a little saturation in it aswell which works well. 
    Dammit, I just missed out on the Mercuiall sale :(
  • oafoaf Frets: 300
    Performance Samples have a new version of their choir, Oceania II, out with intro pricing:

I liked the first so will be getting this

• FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited October 2020

$19.99 with voucher ($39.99 - $20.00)

MEGA-SALE-20OFF

End 6 Oct US PDT

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/bx_oberhausen.html
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • Waves OneKnob Phatter (free until October 11th):
    https://www.waves.com/account/oneknob-phatter-free
  • BodBod Frets: 1315
    @FarleyUK - Just had an email from Mercuriall to say that Spark is 50% off for 72 hours - $60 instead of the usual $120.
    Bod said:
    @FarleyUK - Just had an email from Mercuriall to say that Spark is 50% off for 72 hours - $60 instead of the usual $120.
    Yep, same here - thank you!
  • CALI50 on Neural DSP (Fortin Cali).
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited October 2020
    NEBULA - N4 

€79 (reg. €399).

https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/neb4server

Ends 20 October.

Update: the latest software version seems to be causing minor glitches with older 3rd party libraries according to some posters on Gearslutz, so it may be worth investigating if you intend to use these type of libraries. However, you can roll back to an earlier version.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.