Go Fund Me. Anyone want to buy this lad a 1962 Strat?

What's Hot

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24865
    edited July 2017
    Lewy said:
    To be fair to him, he is decent at what he does, and probably 75% of people who learn guitar don't extend their horizons beyond what he does (SRV/blues/hendrix/classic rock/things where you have to pull a face etc etc) or reach the level he's at.  

He's obviously feeling a bit of heat over all this as I see he's disabled comments on his video......
    I agree he plays the kind of stuff most players learn - but based on his playing in that video - I disagree that he's 'decent' at it.

There are lots of amateur blues-based players I've known who have had significantly more ability than him.

I 'get' why a wealthy philanthropist might want to buy a Stradivarius for a violin prodigy - doing your bit by helping someone nurture their gift. But the guy has no gift - he's a very ordinary player....
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14762
    Philly_Q said:
    Unfortunately, the Daily Mail is not made up publication. The Bible, on the other hand, is.
    Hmm, plenty of grounds for debate in that statement.
    All that this thread needs now is mention of Austria's most famous failed watercolourist. (Oh, how he struggled!)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Philly_Q said:
    Unfortunately, the Daily Mail is not made up publication. The Bible, on the other hand, is.
    Hmm, plenty of grounds for debate in that statement.
    All that this thread needs now is mention of Austria's most famous failed watercolourist. (Oh, how he struggled!)
    For Godwin's sake, man!
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Just watched that video and I reckon that Dave bloke's pulling a fast one, he must be loaded. Going by the look of him he must save a small fortune on soap.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    Someone only just made him a guitar gratis as well, didn't they? It was the perfect guitar, apparently.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Grunfeld said:
    I subscribed to Dave's YT channel a while back because I like what he does.
    I got an Orange CR120 head a couple of years back and I was kinda flapping in my head that it wasn't x, y, z and Dave Simpson, via his channel, helped me totally fall in love with this amp. 
    And... got me thinking about sounds.  In a way no one else ever had.
    That's pretty cool.

Basically he just pressed the right buttons in my head for thinking about these things. 
    He strikes me a good bloke -- which is always a good start.

Personally I wouldn't want any strat.  I can't stand them. 
    But he's done me a turn so I'm happy to do him one.
    You're a good man and a kind man. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3685
    Doesnt he preach the merits of cheap guitars/partcasters in a few of his videos?! 

I hate this sort of thing. "The seller really wants me to have it". Bollocks, if he really was desperate for you to have it, he'd sell at a massive discount. 

What someone does with their own money is fine, but can he honestly be comfortable suggesting that of all the causes out there, people should help him buy a nice guitar he can't afford? He should imagine standing next to a charity collector or someone who genuinely needs the money, and be asking for the money, "you don't understand, I've got loads of views on youtube...".

And what happens when he eventually comes to sell it, no doubt at a profit? Does he give people the money back and the profit?

Ridiculous.

That's the spirit, why don't you give up a spare bedroom to some of the Grenfell Tower victims, we need more charitable people like you who see charity with the passion that you do.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    So who here actually gives a shit about charity? You feel free to comment on this guy, what have you done to help people in need?
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    robgilmo said:
    So who here actually gives a shit about charity? You feel free to comment on this guy, what have you done to help people in need?
    There are a lot of posters in this thread who have donated to members of this website who have been in need over the years.  Is that charitable enough for you?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I wasn't asking for me fella, just that this guy is being knocked for not being pro-active about collecting for charity, I was just wondering what pro-active charity activity's the people knocking him have actually done?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    robgilmo said:
    There are a lot of posters in this thread who have donated to members of this website who have been in need over the years.  Is that charitable enough for you?
    True. And we raised 2 grand for cancer research only a month or so ago.

Clearly the fretboard gives a massive shit about charity
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4952
    Lots of people do lots of stuff for charity, and don't see the need to make a big song and dance about it.

Begging so you can have a fancy guitar doesn't quite sit in the same space.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    robgilmo said:
    I wasn't asking for me fella, just that this guy is being knocked for not being pro-active about collecting for charity, I was just wondering what pro-active charity activity's the people knocking him have actually done?
    Educate yersen
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23624
    robgilmo said:

I'm not going to re-read the entire thread, but I don't think anyone's suggested he should be proactive about collecting for charity. 

We've just commented on him being proactive about collecting for himself.

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5203
    Well Fek my old boots.....

:o 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4179
    That's one happy bunny.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    edited July 2017
    I still don't understand how it's going to be life changing 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2449
    edited July 2017
    I still don't understand how it's going to be life changing 
    In a similar sort of way when men think Lynx deodorant will help them pull fit women.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23624
    I enjoyed watching the rabbit.  He looked totally relaxed during the guitar playing then went mental.

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33965
    Now he will run a campaign to get a decent amp.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom