Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!!

What's Hot

Comments

• aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    Great, will PM regarding payment.
    Are we making song suggestions yet?  A couple of simple ones I've recently been attempting are Hit the Road Jack (just 4 chords over and over with plenty of scope for soloing - I was inspired by a busker for this one), and Take your Mama (Scissor Sisters) - a bit more complex but not a lot. I am just trying to learn it including the solo from the album version.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    I'll happily play rhythm on anything where the chord progression isn't too nails. Recent examples of songs I've learnt include Fortunate Son, All Right Now and a couple of well known gnr tracks. Happy to be challenged with something new though.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    aord43 said:
    Are we making song suggestions yet?  A couple of simple ones I've recently been attempting are Hit the Road Jack (just 4 chords over and over with plenty of scope for soloing - I was inspired by a busker for this one), and Take your Mama (Scissor Sisters) - a bit more complex but not a lot. I am just trying to learn it including the solo from the album version.
    Cool,
    for now, I'll put your name next to those songs but that's not set in stone, it's totally up to you what you want to play.
    They're good songs suggestions nonetheless.
    Thanks.
    I'll happily play rhythm on anything where the chord progression isn't too nails. Recent examples of songs I've learnt include Fortunate Son, All Right Now and a couple of well known gnr tracks. Happy to be challenged with something new though.
    Cool,
    Noted.
    :)
    Err... Do we have anyone for vocals? I'll sing anything in Johnny Cash' range but much higher than that and I'm useless ;)

• aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    Alnico said:
    aord43 said:
    Cool,
    for now, I'll put your name next to those songs but that's not set in stone, it's totally up to you what you want to play.
    Thanks.
    I'm assuming a band context rather than a solo guitarist, that would be a bit daunting!  :open_mouth: and I certainly don't fancy singing!
    Err... Do we have anyone for vocals? I'll sing anything in Johnny Cash' range but much higher than that and I'm useless ;)
    Until someone else says they want to sing, You've got me.
    I'm kinda hoping there are other's who'll do some singing because my range isn't massive but what I can do, I do ok with.

aord43 said:
    Alnico said:
    aord43 said:
    Cool,
    Thanks.
    I'm assuming a band context rather than a solo guitarist, that would be a bit daunting!  :open_mouth: and I certainly don't fancy singing!

Everything is assumed in a band context unless specifically mentioned otherwise.
    Don't worry, We're actively avoiding pressure on people.
    If you don't want to sing that's fine, no problem.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    For vocals I'm sure me and @horse will have a bash at some stuff together as well - we have reasonably complementary ranges..
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Alnico said:
    Until someone else says they want to sing, You've got me.
    I'm kinda hoping there are other's who'll do some singing because my range isn't massive but what I can do, I do ok with.

aord43 said:
    Alnico said:
    aord43 said:
    Cool,
    Thanks.

Everything is assumed in a band context unless specifically mentioned otherwise.
    Don't worry, We're actively avoiding pressure on people.
    If you don't want to sing that's fine, no problem.
    Ha, it's not that I don't WANT to sing, it's that I CAN'T sing .. just like that phil collins song "I can't sing" or whatever it was called.

Not being able to sing reminds me of the lyrics on Pressed Rat & Warthog ... going on about atonal apples and amplified heat.

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27086
    Don't worry, @fandango - I'm with you there. I play guitar precisely because I can't sing; at primary school, everybody had to do a solo recital in front of the entire school's assembly in their final year. I specifically learned to play guitar in order to avoid being forced to sing in front of a few hundred people.
    <space for hire>
    I have no objection to singing... The neighborhood cats don't seem to be of like mind

• bigjonbigjon Frets: 681
    Won't know until tomorrow evening if I can make it or not. If I can, there's loads of stuff I can sing, I'll provide a list.
    Dibs on Another Brick In The Wall for lead guitar (room for another lead guitarist though) if I may.
    bigjon said:
    Won't know until tomorrow evening if I can make it or not. If I can, there's loads of stuff I can sing, I'll provide a list.
    Dibs on Another Brick In The Wall for lead guitar (room for another lead guitarist though) if I may.
    Ok Jon,
    The Floyd song is no problem, I'm sure there'll be people (Me included) who'd enjoy playing alongside you on that song.

There are 5 places left and you'll be such a huge asset to the Jam, especially for the less experienced to learn from you and have you supporting them 'On Stage' as it were.

Please try to let me know as early as you can tomorrow won't you?
    If it looks likely, I can put your name down and then if you need to change plans later on, you can do.
    No problem.
    Thanks to everyone who has paid so far - I've pretty much broken even now ;)

Just a gentle reminder to everyone else - drop me a PM and I will send you payment details!

Because I don't believe in doing anything the easy way, I'd love to stick Cupid's Dead and Cynical by Extreme on the list. I'd need some brave souls to join me on vocals, bass and drums though...
    <space for hire>
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27978
    Just a gentle reminder to everyone else - drop me a PM and I will send you payment details!
    PM me the details

I'd say that any excess is used to feed & water the attendees rather than putting it in our coffers ... should be enough for a bag of crisps?  Maybe each??
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    TTony said:
    PM me the details

I'd say that any excess is used to feed & water the attendees rather than putting it in our coffers ... should be enough for a bag of crisps?  Maybe each??
    Well it's gonna be about £140, and if it wasn't for this forum there wouldn't be a Jam ;)

Nobody has complained about it going in the fretboard coffers, as it's a very worthy cause ;)

Plus the fact they can get their own bleedin' crisps! (No crunching whilst others are bashing out Extreme classics)

Because I don't believe in doing anything the easy way, I'd love to stick Cupid's Dead and Cynical by Extreme on the list. I'd need some brave souls to join me on vocals, bass and drums though...

I'd be happy to wail out some cupid's dead with you ...but I'm not doing the rap! 

I'd be happy to wail out some cupid's dead with you ...but I'm not doing the rap! 

Bonzer! @fretmeister may join in on bass, depending on whether he can make the date or not. We can skip the rap, I think :)

Just need a drummer...
    <space for hire>

Bonzer! @fretmeister may join in on bass, depending on whether he can make the date or not. We can skip the rap, I think :)

Just need a drummer...
    Can I comedy drum on it?

I actually used to play once but I'm crap these days - maybe it will make the newcomers feel better about their playing :)