Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!!

What's Hot

Comments

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I shall try and bring something. More than happy for you to have a go @strumjoughlamps and anyone else for that matter.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12294
    I'm bringing at least two guitars, mine are pretty modest but happy for anyone to have a play.

Depending on the song list I might bring my electro-acoustic as well (just a basic Crafter jobby but plays nice).
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    There's sure going to be a lot of guitars of everyone's bringing more than one!
  • cool cheers peeps, be great to try my signature move on other peoples guitars

:D :D :dizzy: 

• RolandRoland Frets: 8839
    With all this amplification coming I'll bring my ear plugs. I may also bring an AxeFX, MFC floorboard, and Matrix Q12 in case anyone can hear well enough to try it. If I remember I'll throw in a couple of 4 way power blocks. On second thoughts, limiting the number of power sockets will limit the number of amps which are blasting away at the same time.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    if I fancy a little strum(not sex slang) will anyone object to me having a go on theirs(again not slang)?..

I am quite happy to bring one of mine but I will be on motorbike and already carrying camera gear.
    I don't mind picking you up if you want to bring your own kit. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hi @Alnico,
    Do you have room for a little one?

cheers
    Jon
    In jazz, no one can hear you scream
  • Well we'll have two full kits, about ten amps and gawd knows how many guitars and people so I don't think another kit will fit in, really. Not. Trying to be a killjoy here, just trying to make sure we can all fit in :-)
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Think I might bring my AC/DC setup. 15 JCM800s and 140 4x12s. Is that ok? 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27039
    edited July 2017
    if I fancy a little strum(not sex slang) will anyone object to me having a go on theirs(again not slang)?..

I am quite happy to bring one of mine but I will be on motorbike and already carrying camera gear.
    You're welcome to try either of the Teles Jaden made me, if you want
    <space for hire>
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Hi @Alnico,
    Do you have room for a little one?

cheers
    Jon
    There's just room for you Jon,

It'll be great to see you again, it's got to be 2 years since?
    Looking forward to it man, I'm really glad you can make it.

Ladles and Jellyspoons, for those who don't know, @jonnybradford is a top bass player and really nice bloke. I didn't think this could get any better but it just did.

1 place left !!!

@Bigjon?
    Do you know yet?
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 681
    Alnico said:

1 place left !!!

@Bigjon?
    Do you know yet?
    Just sorted out the family diary! Yes! I'm in!

Don't need a lift thanks, I'll make my own way there.

I can contribute drums / keys / bass on songs where I'm not the lead singer.

Someone suggested a jar or two afterwards a few posts back. I'd like to expand that suggestion - would someone local care to recommend the finest curry house in the area? We'd probably need to hire a secure room to lock up all the gear for the duration, so some of the finances could go towards that.
    bigjon said:
    Alnico said:

1 place left !!!

@Bigjon?
    Do you know yet?
    Just sorted out the family diary! Yes! I'm in!

Don't need a lift thanks, I'll make my own way there.

I can contribute drums / keys / bass on songs where I'm not the lead singer.

Someone suggested a jar or two afterwards a few posts back. I'd like to expand that suggestion - would someone local care to recommend the finest curry house in the area? We'd probably need to hire a secure room to lock up all the gear for the duration, so some of the finances could go towards that.
    Get in.....That's the last place taken.

Anyone who wants to go now will be at the mercy of cancellations I'm afraid.

Thank you so much to everyone who's attending.

If @jonnybradford and @bigjon could PM @Bridgehouse to arrange payment (£8) that would be great and a gentle reminder to anyone who hasn't made contact with @Bridgehouse yet to do so please.
    Thanks guys.

• olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    This sounds like great fun but I'm a little too far away. If there is ever going to be one further south, I'm definitely going to make it. 
    This sounds like great fun but I'm a little too far away. If there is ever going to be one further south, I'm definitely going to make it. 
    That was one of the idea's that we've kicked about already for a later date.
    We'll keep everyone posted after this one as to what we can do, where and when.
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2269
    @alnico could I suggest that you make a dropout list for those that didn't make a decision in time or didn't see the thread. As people drop out you can amend the list.

Ulterior motive time I'd like to be 31. However I'd come along to help on bass, as well as improving my limited soloing skills.

slacker said:
    @alnico could I suggest that you make a dropout list for those that didn't make a decision in time or didn't see the thread. As people drop out you can amend the list.

Ulterior motive time I'd like to be 31. However I'd come along to help on bass, as well as improving my limited soloing skills.

Done.

As the TBC's are still unconfirmed and I'm taking your post above to mean you'd definitely be able to go, I've altered the post so that directly below the main list is a reserve list and @slacker is at the top of that list.

TBC's are still thereat the bottom of the page but now that the main 30 places are taken, if they confirm they can go they'll need to join the reserve list and see if anyone wants to/has to cancel closer to the time.

That's the fairest way I can do this.
    Hope that's ok with everyone.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12704
    Gear I'm bringing...

A guitar.

A gigbag.

Maybe a capo, just in case.

A plectrum.

TBH, I haven't decided which I'll bring... perhaps I'll put it to a vote, as I'm more than happy for anyone to play any of my guitars (its quite nice to hear them being played). Here are the options:

1972 Tele (SD Broadcaster pickups & Allparts neck)
    Partcaster Tele (Alegree Cirrostratus pickups)
    MIM Tele Deluxe with Trem (Mojo Wideranges)
    MIJ Jaguar (Fender pickups, Mastery bridge)
    Jazzmaster (GSP Body, Mascis Neck, Mojo pickups, Mastery bridge and trem)
    PRS 305

I can only bring one, as I'm coming on the train.

Any thoughts?

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

@impmann ........Personally, I would love to see the Jaguar having never really played one and especially if it's had the bridge sorted with a Mastery unit.
    I'm not sure that anyone's mentioned bringing an offset guitar yet so it might be one of the few if you do?

It's a tough choice between that and a '72 Tele though! (real '72 or reissue?)
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12704
    Alnico said:
    @impmann ........Personally, I would love to see the Jaguar having never really played one and especially if it's had the bridge sorted with a Mastery unit.
    I'm not sure that anyone's mentioned bringing an offset guitar yet so it might be one of the few if you do?

It's a tough choice between that and a '72 Tele though! (real '72 or reissue?)
    Real... well, some of it!! The pickups and neck have been replaced... I broke the original neck and the original pickups were dire!!!!!!

Happy to bring an offset, especially if others fancy having a go
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.