Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!!

What's Hot

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Alnico said:
    Nikko said:

Ill probably just travel light and bring one guitar and an FX unit. Hopefully I will be able to use one of the house amps, unless someone really wants me to bring a Katana 50??

So...

Gibson Les Paul  - 50s Tribute, faded.

Zoom G3XN

Cheers

Yes !

I think the Katana 50 is a very popular current amp that a lot of people would want to see and hear, especially at Jam / Gig type of volume.
    I'd say that's very relevant.
    Can I bring mine as well, my wife never lets me do LOTS of things but crank the heck out of my Katana 50 is definitely one of them? :)
    Sure man !
    :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Alnico said:
    Nikko said:

Ill probably just travel light and bring one guitar and an FX unit. Hopefully I will be able to use one of the house amps, unless someone really wants me to bring a Katana 50??

So...

Zoom G3XN

Cheers

Yes !

I think the Katana 50 is a very popular current amp that a lot of people would want to see and hear, especially at Jam / Gig type of volume.

Not a problem, it will be in the boot :)
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    Alnico said:
    Nikko said:

So...

Zoom G3XN

Cheers

Yes !

Can I bring mine as well, my wife never lets me do LOTS of things but crank the heck out of my Katana 50 is definitely one of them? :)

Yes, because then we can try them in stereo :)
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12294
    Nikko said:
    Alnico said:
    Nikko said:

So...

Zoom G3XN

Cheers

Yes !

Yes, because then we can try them in stereo :)
    Sweeet :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    fandango said:
    I note there's to be some "shreddy stuff".

Please can we not pander to this nonsense. I thought this was a jam, not an ego driven sideshow practising scales/arpeggios at 100 miles an hour. Can't folks leave that stuff at home, and we play some songs? 

Sorry if this sounds like a whinging pom, but really?
    I can't play for shit but I enjoy watching those who can if it be shred, jazz or country.
    Thankfully I can deal with this as I have a massive penis.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Cue a fify post!
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited July 2017
    I'll be bringing my katana 100 with gafc for controller so we probably don't need a 50 as well. My controller is mounted on my pedal train so I'll have a few other fx there too. Anyone's welcome to use it. 

Guitar wise, I think it'll be the Gretsch g5125 anniversary and probably my Epi Les Paul, or maybe the prs soap bar. Is there any reason to bring an acoustic? 

Also, I know they will probably have wall hangers but with 60 ish guitars in the room in might be worth bringing a few stands. I can bring enough for me.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    ennspek said:
    fandango said:
    I note there's to be some "shreddy stuff".

Please can we not pander to this nonsense. I thought this was a jam, not an ego driven sideshow practising scales/arpeggios at 100 miles an hour. Can't folks leave that stuff at home, and we play some songs? 

Sorry if this sounds like a whinging pom, but really?
    I can't play for shit but I enjoy watching those who have a massive penis.
    There you go ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27039

Also, I know they will probably have wall hangers but with 60 ish guitars in the room in might be worth bringing a few stands. I can bring enough for me.
    I'd actually go so far as to say that people should bring hardcases wherever possible. With 60+ guitars and 30+ people, there are bound to be accidents.
    <space for hire>
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    I have only a mini practice amp, I am assuming amp-wise there will be shared facilities.  Good idea to bring stands though.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    ennspek said:
    Cue a picture of my big willy post!
    FTFY
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Well, I'll put the EICH head in the car, but I see no point in bringing a cab as they will have one.

So then it will be:
    64 Precision
    CS Strat
    Helix

I'd actually go so far as to say that people should bring hardcases wherever possible. With 60+ guitars and 30+ people, there are bound to be accidents.

...especially if multiple Bigsbys are involved. Carnage!

;)They don't have any wall hangers at all for guitars.
    Yes everyone bring as many guitar stands as you can.
    I'll have 4 for the 4 guitars I'm bringing so if everyone tries to stick to that and make sure that they get a stand for each guitar they bring that will REALLY help.
    THere's over 6 weeks to go and stands are not expensive but they WILL go a long way to protecting your valuable instruments.

aord43 said:
    I have only a mini practice amp, I am assuming amp-wise there will be shared facilities.  Good idea to bring stands though.
    There will be PLENTY of amps there.
    I'm not bring mine either for the same reason.
    ennspek said:
    Cue a picture of my big willy post!
    FTFY
    Please don't !
    ;)
  • BlackjackBlackjack Frets: 250
    Hope you all have a really great time guys!  It sounds like it will be a whole ton of fun!!
  • if I fancy a little strum(not sex slang) will anyone object to me having a go on theirs(again not slang)?..

I am quite happy to bring one of mine but I will be on motorbike and already carrying camera gear.
    I'm happy to let you play with mine... 
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16917
    I will bring at least 2 guitars whatever they be.  They are free for anyone to use
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33904
    I'll have a drum kit and possibly a guitar and an amp.
    Will depend on space.
    I'm working on the assumption that a room full of fretboard members would only take the greatest care of other people's guitars should they be playing them so with that in mind........

I would love for people to play my guitars for a few reasons.

Have you played an American Pro Strat yet? They're quite different to the older USA standards and VERY different to a Mex.
    Also, it's got the SD stacked pickups which are humbuckers/noise cancelling but still sound exactly like a Strat.
    The new design tremolo arm is an amazing difference too.

The Gretsch is one of the Streamliner models but with the chromatic tailpiece and because there's no Bigsby it really plays well, plus all my guitars have been set up by Steve Robinson and the Gretsch has come back with the most beautiful low action and yet no hint of buzzing. Strung with 10-52 but doesn't feel heavy. It's something I think a lot of people would like to try.

My Ibanez is a JEM in wolf's clothing. It's a stunning guitar with a now upgraded tremolo arm, the new Joe Satriani Carbon fibre 'Ultimate' arm (Google it) and by then it'll have a Schaller sure-claw and Gotoh power springs. An EMG 85 in the bridge (I swapped out the 81 it came with) and a 60 in the neck...........the neck that's a 3 piece Wizard III neck made from Maple and Bubinga. If you're into those types of guitar, you need to try this Iron Label.

Finally the Home-Build GSP Telecaster. An Obeche body, relic paint finish and aged nickel parts with Japanese Fender electronics and CTS etc. It plays as nicely as it looks and it's a great example of what CAN be done with a self-build if it's approached the right way and starts with decent components.

I'm sure there'll be a lot of other guitars that blow mine away in many ways but I'm really proud of what I've got and I'd feel honoured if other people play them and like them.

I'll also have some great patches written for my Boss GT100 to show how good it *can* be when you get to know it.

I'm really looking forward to the tech and gear side of this event.