Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Star Trek Discovery

What's Hot

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7667
    I watched the final two episodes as a double-bill.

Cracking telly!

Can't wait for the (now confirmed) third season.
    Yeah, this. :)
    The what now? 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    edited April 2019
    TimmyO said:

Cracking telly!

Yeah, this.
    The what now? 
    The third season. Confirmed.

As is Michelle Yeoh's Section 31 spin-off series.
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12218
    TimmyO said:

Cracking telly!

Yeah, this.
    The what now? 
    The third season. Confirmed.

As is Michelle Yeoh's Section 31 spin-off series.
    Indeed, this what now :)

Michelle Yeoh, great on Disco, great in the most under-rated Bond movie :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • Necro bumping this as there are new "Short Treks" out prior to the new season. Available on CBS, and elsewhere...
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Necro bumping this as there are new "Short Treks" out prior to the new season. Available on CBS, and elsewhere...
    Trailer for the new series is out too
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5862
    edited October 2019
    What an interesting ride that thread was. Some people definitely get very tied up over what Trek should be. 

I’m a proper old school Trekkie, from the BBC 2 reruns before TNG and I’ve found something I liked in everything that’s come out since we left Kirk’s five year mission. 

I thought Enterprise was brilliant (mostly). Loosing the rather American flavour of ‘we are high and powerful and always win in the end’ was really cool. I loved how they were small, quite lost and regularly got their asses handed to them on a plate. 

I think Discovery has been an amazing ride so far. Very much Trek for the time and I also quite enjoyed seeing how much a simple beard can upset people. Although it’s not been quite as much fun to see as what a woman with a screwdriver achieved  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've just finished watching both series. It was quite a journey which really enjoyed. Some of the plot was crazy/ridiculous but you've just got to go with it. The characters grew and developed. The fx were stunning. Where will they go in series 3?

I've just started watching Enterprise from it's start, which I have not watched before. My God, doesn't 19 years look science fiction look dated! It's ok so far, but not a patch on Discovery. The Vulcan lady's a captivating character. The theme tune is excruciatingly bad.

• BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3325
    dazzajl said:
    What an interesting ride that thread was. Some people definitely get very tied up over what Trek should be. 

I’m a proper old school Trekkie, from the BBC 2 reruns before TNG and I’ve found something I liked in everything that’s come out since we left Kirk’s five year mission. 

I thought Enterprise was brilliant (mostly). Loosing the rather American flavour of ‘we are high and powerful and always win in the end’ was really cool. I loved how they were small, quite lost and regularly got their asses handed to them on a plate. 

I think Discovery has been an amazing ride so far. Very much Trek for the time and I also quite enjoyed seeing how much a simple beard can upset people. Although it’s not been quite as much fun to see as what a woman with a screwdriver achieved  
    If you were old school you would have watched it first time UK TV - youre too young to be old school  =)
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2620
    tFB Trader

I've just finished watching both series. It was quite a journey which really enjoyed. Some of the plot was crazy/ridiculous but you've just got to go with it. The characters grew and developed. The fx were stunning. Where will they go in series 3? 

• Rabs said:

I've just finished watching both series. It was quite a journey which really enjoyed. Some of the plot was crazy/ridiculous but you've just got to go with it. The characters grew and developed. The fx were stunning. Where will they go in series 3? 

Wow, looks friggin awesome! 

Actually I’m really getting into Enterprise now, it’s a grower. 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6405
    Actually I’m really getting into Enterprise now, it’s a grower. 

I loved it, but as ever when Star Trek get into timey wimey stuff you know the scriptwriters are worn out ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5862
    edited April 2020
    dazzajl said:

If you were old school you would have watched it first time UK TV - youre too young to be old school 
    Bless you, for you are far too kind. Watching it in the 70s is still plenty old enough
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27521
    Not sure about the UK but Season 3 is now on Netflix where I am. 

It’s 2 eps in and it’s fine, I guess. First episode is basically Star Wars/Blade Runner in Iceland, and feels like it wants me to have Feelings every 5 minutes. 

Ep2 is maybe better but set just down the road in another bit of Iceland so I’m struggling somewhat with the idea that no one can find each other, given they’re only a couple of hours’ drive apart ;)

I really want to love this but it’s bloody hard work.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I’m enjoying series 3, I’m not a massiveStar Trek fanboy but I usually find it enjoyable. And Mandalorian is starting tonight and in a few weeks we get a new series of The Expanse. Good stuff!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24752
    I'm loving the new series.
    I thought the 2 new episodes had more of a western feel, and I like westerns.

I love ST in general, even the bad ones. Apart from Start Trek V. That was dreadful.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15738
    I've been reading that S3 is much better, so as a consequence I've been wading through S1 and 2. Finally at S3 but if doesn't live up to the hype I'm gonna go section 31 on someone's ass.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6405
    Really loving Michelle Yeoh's dialogue in S3, really badass, but also knowing she's taking the mick !

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12218
    I’m enjoying series 3, I’m not a massiveStar Trek fanboy but I usually find it enjoyable. And Mandalorian is starting tonight and in a few weeks we get a new series of The Expanse. Good stuff!

All the wisdom here :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • I’m really enjoying Disco but I’m struggling to see it as Star Trek, as it just doesn’t feel like Trek, with its endless cursing and explosions and “here’s the bit where the music indicates you should Feel Something”. I think it’s quite good TV, I just want something a bit more like old episodic, optimistic Trek
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • P'raps you could confirm something though:

That was the set/props/dialogue from Arnie's "The Running Man" weaved into a Star Trek episode?