Who uses the "Recent Discussions" view?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    TTony said:
    DLM said:
    @TTony I don't seem to be able to find an option for including SC in my Recent Discussions. :(

@DLM ;
    Go to our "home" page (click "home" in mobile view, or the big logo top left in full browser view) to display the list of sections of the forum.

SC is towards the bottom.

Look for the little black cog wheel.  Click that and there should be an option to "unhide".  Once unhidden, the SC threads should be included in your Recent Discussions view.
    :( I'm afraid that doesn't work. I had it it set up to be unhidden, as it happens, so I hid and unhid it again. Still nothing. :( I now remember that I'd tried to do this before, when SC was taken out of the Recent Discussions view. @TTony Any other ideas what I can try?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27949
    Can I take a look when I've a few more moments @DLM (ie feel free to remind me in a day or two).

It might be that SC in recent discussions is disabled at the system level, but I'd need to use the test account to try out a few options to verify that.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    TTony said:
    Can I take a look when I've a few more moments @DLM (ie feel free to remind me in a day or two).

It might be that SC in recent discussions is disabled at the system level, but I'd need to use the test account to try out a few options to verify that.
    Looks like it is @TTony - even when unhidden, it's hidden, as it were
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2431

I have used Recent Discussions for most my visits here for at least a couple of years. It's a great way to get an overview of what's being posted.

Someone helpfully showed me how to tailor RD when I got totally fed up with it being dominated by OT Brexit threads.Trouble is it filtered out OT threads that did interest me so I went back to using my eyes as the filter ;)

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    @TTony Sure! :) No urgency on my part, I've got quite used to having to go in to SC separately. And there have been times lately when it's been useful to be aware that I was going somewhere else... :skull:
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8846
    If you use Recent Discussions then it's also useful to use "Mark All Viewed" when you've finished. Then, on your next visit, you can see the point in Recent Discussions below which nothing has changed.

At the top left of the screen, below theFretBoard.co.uk logo is your name, and to the right of that a cog wheel. Tap the cog wheel and select Mark All Viewed
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3964
    I didn't know about it to answer the question. It's because I'm a biff.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2099
    TTony said:
    spark240 said:
    TTony said:
    TTony said:

1. Did you know that you can configure the Recent Discussions view to include/exclude individual sections of the forum, so that you can create a personalised view of Recent Discussions but limited to the sections that you're interested in?
    And this ^^^
    How do I customise the recents list then please ?
    @spark240 ;

TTony said:

In the view where you see all the section headings, you see a black cogwheel icon between the section heading and the number of threads in that section. 
    Click the cogwheel alongside the section that you don't want to see in Recent Discussions.
    Select "Hide".

Now, whenever you're in Recent Discussions view, any threads from within the section that you've hidden will not be shown.

You can still see all the excluded threads from the main view as before.
    Does that work for you? Tony, no Im afraid I dot see any cogs between the section heading and thread count?...there is just 1 cog at the top of the screen?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4952
    edited October 2017
    @spark240 it confused me too - the black cog only appears when you hover on the line for the section you want to hide/unhide.

*edit* at least that's how it works in Chrome...

• MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782

1. All the time!

2. No I didn't!

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9708
    Tony, 

I use it ALL the time...

Followed by FX£, Amps£ etc etc
    Presumably followed by your overdraft facility? ;)
    Fortunately, I dont need one these days...

But there was a time...
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5022
    I use Recent Discussions all the time @Ttony. ; I did not know that I could filter sections, no idea how at the moment, but I will work on it.

Thanks for post.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Never used it. I browse by section. There's only certain sections that are of interest to me. 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    I get to work, fire up recent discussions, whip through the first 3 pages creating a new tab on anything that looks interesting.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3344
    Me too
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7829
    I browse by section. Nearly always FX, £FX and Amps. I don't use recent discussions at all.
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    ThorpyFX said:
    It’s pretty much the only way I view the forum. 
    This for me.  Except when checking if there is any news in the Forum Jams section.
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    Furthermore I have never customised it. I didn't even realise that SC existed until recently.  Took a look but decided I didn't need it in my life (or my work PC!)...off-topic is quite enough of that kind of thing.