Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

FB Mods now required

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Just discovered @Bridgehouse goes very well to seven nation army, he's like our very own fretboard Corbyn.
    I'm working on the beard, but my supply of leather elbow patches and cardigans is quite low...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3327
    Just discovered @Bridgehouse goes very well to seven nation army, he's like our very own fretboard Corbyn.
    I'm working on the beard, but my supply of leather elbow patches and cardigans is quite low...
    Oxfam will sort you out for that.
    Oxfam will sort you out for that.
    Our local is a British Heart Foundation - more chinos and tweed...
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1252
    I think any potential mod should have to undergo an IQ* and psychoanalysis test, with the results publically available so us mere mortal posters can take the piss decide if they meet our strict criteria, of being knowledgeable and unbiased in their mod'ing duties.

*We may have to lower the standards for @Bridgehouse to be considered, as I suspect those low frequencies he plays at may of killed of a few too many brain cells (not that he had an excess to begin with...). ;-)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    m_c said:
    I think any potential mod should have to undergo an IQ* and psychoanalysis test, with the results publically available so us mere mortal posters can take the piss decide if they meet our strict criteria, of being knowledgeable and unbiased in their mod'ing duties.

*We may have to lower the standards for @Bridgehouse to be considered, as I suspect those low frequencies he plays at may of killed of a few too many brain cells (not that he had an excess to begin with...). ;-)

Can you say that in words of one syllable?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    m_c said:

Can you say that in words of one syllable?

Just answer yes to every question, and you'll be fine.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8846
     Bridgehouse. The new Boaty McBoatface
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    Roland said:
     Bridgehouse. The new Boaty McBoatface
    Bridgy McBridgeFace?
  • ffs...
    Oh, I should have done this in the actual thread, sorry.. ;) :lol: 
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2357
    tFB Trader
    Yes @Bridgehouse is the man for the job. I've disqualified myself as the first job I would do as a moderator would be to put all the members who do not believe in tone woods on the naughty step for a week.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

GSPBASSES said:
    Yes @Bridgehouse is the man for the job. I've disqualified myself as the first job I would do as a moderator would be to put all the members who do not believe in tone woods on the naughty step for a week.
    Only a week? Lightweight...
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3327
    GSPBASSES said:
    And it is moments like this where he proves himself...you saw it here fretboarders.
    GSPBASSES said:
    And it is moments like this where he proves himself...you saw it here fretboarders.
    Just wait till the fretboard conference when I deliver my keynote.

Brighton is a bit passé these days tho. How about Nuremberg?
    GSPBASSES said:
    I thought heavyweight was better for tone?
    m_c said:
    GSPBASSES said:
    I thought heavyweight was better for tone?
    Best Tele I ever played for tone was (ironically) a @GSPBASSES Obeche Tele - which was super light. Really rich and complex tonally tho.

My God, that was a bit on-topic for me.
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2357
    edited October 2017 tFB Trader
    Obeche is a bit of an anomaly, in that it's super light very soft, so when you tap it you would expect it to be very dull, were in fact rings like a bell. I found that telecaster's and  Stratocaster's made from it sounds great with a full range of tones. The best way to describe the sound of guitars I've made with Obeche is that they very musical. Now I know that's a strange way of describing a musical instrument, but that's the best way I can describe it. If you've ever had a Earvana nut fitted to a guitar you know what I mean.

Sorry wrong post!

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

GSPBASSES said:
    Obeche is a bit of an anomaly, in that it's super light very soft, so when you tap it you would expect it to be very dull, were in fact rings like a bell. I found that telecaster's and  Stratocaster's made from it sounds great with a full range of tones. The best way to describe the sound of guitars I've made with Obeche is that they very musical. Now I know that's a strange way of describing a musical instrument, but that's the best way I can describe it. If you've ever had a Earvana nut fitted to a guitar you know what I mean.

Sorry wrong post!
    Got to say, if I wanted a lightweight but resonant guitar I'd go Obeche.

And I totally get what you mean by "musical"
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    I might consider it. What's the pay like?
  • In keeping with the rest of the world, who now elect forward thinking, progressives with a keen interest in science and discovery, I vote @siraxeman ;

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    In keeping with the rest of the world, who now elect forward thinking, progressives with a keen interest in science and discovery, I vote @siraxeman ;
    www.theflatboard.co.uk?
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom