Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

QOTSA - stunning live sound...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• armitaanarmitaan Frets: 379
    Saw them at O2 last night , echo all comments about how good sound was. Couldn't fault band in any way , gigs at these big venues bizarre experiences these days, like going to the cinema, person next to me was eating popcorn and person other side watched whole show through their phone. Completely diff experience than when saw them on Songs for Deaf tour about 15 years ago when crowd were going nuts, was like a morgue in the O2!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8871
    armitaan said:
    Saw them at O2 last night , echo all comments about how good sound was. Couldn't fault band in any way , gigs at these big venues bizarre experiences these days, like going to the cinema, person next to me was eating popcorn and person other side watched whole show through their phone. Completely diff experience than when saw them on Songs for Deaf tour about 15 years ago when crowd were going nuts, was like a morgue in the O2!
    Evidently you weren't where I was in the thick of the brawling, beer-spilling teeming mosh!  Had to pull back slightly for 'elf n safety...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited November 2017
    I know one of the guys who has been doing sound for this tour - he seemed to have been finding the sound frustrating when I asked him how it was going, so I'm glad it seems he and his colleagues have been doing a good job regardless...
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • It's got to be a tough band to get right live. Big thick riffs but with falsetto vocals and driving bass that needs to cut through.

Hope you all enjoyed it!

• I wonder how much of it is the venue? I loved the sound in the Manchester Arena, probably ine of the best venues around, IMO. A mate of mine just came back from a Depeche Mode concert there and said the same thing as you. I saw QOTSA in 2013 in Wembley Arena and yes, they sound great thought!

Aye I was luckily at Depeche Mode (it's my busy month of gigs!) and whilst they didn't have the power of QOTSA the synths and vocals were really clear and crisp.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8871

It's got to be a tough band to get right live. Big thick riffs but with falsetto vocals and driving bass that needs to cut through.

Hope you all enjoyed it!

Well my ears are ringing, my clothes all smell of sweat and stale beer and my head can tell it had a good night out, so yeah :D
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2957
    edited November 2017
    Thought it was awesome last night at the O2. Didn't think the sound was too bad and the set list was great.
  • Wish I'd been in the pit. Popcorn, beer and bathroom breaks by the couple sat next to me....

What a band...

• I was next to the sound desk in the standing area at the o2, they were amazing! the sound was spot on, support band were a bit shite though...
    https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
  • dallcorpdallcorp Frets: 139
    Saw them in Dublin last week.........I was also really impressed by their sound in a venue that has notoriously poor acoustics.......so fair play to them!