The Fractal Thread

What's Hot
1323334353638»

Comments

• GadgetGadget Frets: 903
    Maybe post the preset so we can try?
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4237
    Gadget said:
    All presets, so a global thing 
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 903
    sweepy said:
    Gadget said:
    All presets, so a global thing 

Ahh, understood...
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 459
    edited July 26
    You haven't changed your output EQ have you?

Or turned off power amp modelling when you were running through your physical amp?

Presume music sounds OK through your DAW?
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 854
    edited July 26
    sweepy said:
    Having a really bizarre issue with my FM9, sounds stunning through a 400w amp and 2x 2x12 guitar cabs but bloody dreadful in my DAW ( Logic ) using the USB , harsh, thin and spiky, tried Dynacabs etc,any tips greatly relieved 
    Im not sure its bizarre.    I love mine though a power station into my Zilla 2x12.  I can never get it to sound right direct (even just into my monitors - I have Neuman KH120 plus the KH750 sub OR Senny HD650 phones)).

Cab irs are BY FAR the hardest bit to get right, and BY FAR the most impact on the direct sound.    Im just about OK if im recording in a mix, just anything else I cant get it right.  Ive tried loads of the default cabs, but non sound GREAT to me - and Ive been trying since 2008 with Fractal gear.

It is without doubt my lack of skill in the ir area, my lack of patience to learn it rather than just going back into my power amp and cab, and my expectation of how it should actually sound in that context - but if you want to go that route you just have to put the work in learning the skills.  
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34069
    sweepy said:
    Having a really bizarre issue with my FM9, sounds stunning through a 400w amp and 2x 2x12 guitar cabs but bloody dreadful in my DAW ( Logic ) using the USB , harsh, thin and spiky, tried Dynacabs etc,any tips greatly relieved 
    What monitors are you using with your DAW?

I'm using the FM9 and Axe FX III and they sound great through studio monitors.

• welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1831
    edited July 26
    @sweepy ;There is some confusing signal path you can change for the USB output - I think it’s on the I/O page, try scrolling through the available options.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4237
    edited July 26
    Sorted it, my stupid fault, disabled the cab modelling on the unit itself whilst I was setting it up with my power amp and guitar Cabs,,,Doh !!!  . Interestingly though the global enable sounds different to enabling the spkr  in the patch with the global bypass, at least its a step in the right direction and ty for all the help. :)