This made me a feel a little inadequate...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8846
    There’s no denying that he’s worked on his technique. Whether you like the sound or not is personal reference. To my ears it’s an improvement on the sound of the harpsichord. If you don’t like it so clean then try Guthrie Govan.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's not exactly mindless gained up shred - it's real composed music played brilliantly in a new way. Clearly not going to be everyone's cup of tea, and I certainly won't be listening to it repeatedly but I thought it had true musicianship with lovely phrasing and great precision. 
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6831
    tampaxboo said:
    the sex pistols were the rolling stones with ripped t shirts. their presentation may have been bold but their actual sound was fairly traditional rock and blues. post-punk was the revolution.
    I knew how to sing, you know
    And they knew how to pose
    And one of them had a Les Paul
    Heart attack machine
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    It's crazy skill, but I prefer other arrangements from a listening perspective.

This is a nice guitar one.

There's something hypnotic about spanish guitar. I could listen to this all day.

Make of the Sex Pistols what you will. Iconic. Polarising. In-your-face. But I'm one of those who can only take them (and other UK punk/thrash/noise bands) in small doses. Said with sincere apologies to fans of the genre.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5022
    Impressive as they all are, none of the videos make me feel in any way inadequate.  I cannot play at that standard.  I know this and am quite contented at the level of playing I have.  I have watched golfers hit the ball prodigious distances.  I have watched golfers hit wedges stiff from 160 metres from the pin.  I can do neither.  Do I worry about it?  Not at all.  Just enjoy playing at the standard you are at right now.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Rocker said:
    Impressive as they all are, none of the videos make me feel in any way inadequate.  I cannot play at that standard.  I know this and am quite contented at the level of playing I have.  I have watched golfers hit the ball prodigious distances.  I have watched golfers hit wedges stiff from 160 metres from the pin.  I can do neither.  Do I worry about it?  Not at all.  Just enjoy playing at the standard you are at right now.
    Not sure the golf analogy works. You may not be able to hit a wedge 160 m (neither can I, unless I thin it), but you probably can hit something like a 6 iron. Perhaps you (and I) just don't have the technical proficiency to play real fancy guitar.

But it really doesn't matter as most of your audience wouldn't understand real fancy guitar anyway. I think you've got it right - "just enjoy playing".