Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Ebay Idiots

What's Hot
John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
Just taken delivery of a Les Paul in a thin canvas gig bag with an address label on the front, no padding at all.  Surprisingly in one piece, but with a few nasty dings.  Some people!
1reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Natural relic.

Though that is pretty rubbish.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • My nephew bought an Epi Black Beauty off eBay some time ago and it arrived wrapped in a couple of black bin liners. And nothing else. How it survived, I don't know.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 455
    On the plus side, you should be able to get a decent discount or get eBay to sort return postage.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It's like the "taking a bike on an airplane" dichotomy. Forget fancy protective cases, do the bare minimum of wrapping in thin plastic film and it will be obvious it's a bike/guitar so unlikely to be thrown about.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Natural relic.

Though that is pretty rubbish.
    I hear Tom Murphy is actually the code given to Gibson staff not to bother wrapping the guitar for shipment. It's how they get it so authentic.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12457
    I had a strat delivered wrapped on a bin liner, I let out a squeaky fart when I saw it. Luckily/amazingly it was perfect.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1104
    I had a mockingbird delivered wrapped in just 2 bin liners & the carrier was ParcelForce! lol

Even the delivery driver said as he handed it over, with a look of horror on he's face, errr that's not been packed well & I doubt it's survived intact are you sure you want to sign for it......

strangely it didn't even have a mark on it  anywhere despite the lower horn having broken the plastic!

metal guitar gods must have been watching over it that day or it must have been used in some satanic ritual at some point ;)
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    This was Parcelforce too.  To be fair it's not trashed, but such a shame that it's taken a few knocks due to someone's stupidity.
    The seller's response 'I told the courier to be extra careful because it s a guitar. I can t control what he does with it once it s out of my hands.'
    11reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_A said:
    The seller's response 'I told the courier to be extra careful because it s a guitar. I can t control what he does with it once it s out of my hands.'
    Words fail me.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27971
    edited December 2017
    John_A said:
    He'll be on here later complaining about how picky ebay buyers are, and how eBay sides with the completely unreasonable buyers who've got no real grounds for complaining.  Plus he's now had to give a complete refund *and* pay the return shipping cost, so he's never going to sell anything on eBay ever again.

Oh, and couriers ... don't get him started on couriers.  He gave something to the courier and told him what it was, so be careful.  You'll never guess what happened next  ... the courier he gave it to just dumped it in a depot, where some complete stranger loaded it onto a massive truck full of really heavy dangerous parcels that were bumping into his guitar parcel, and drove it halfway across the country, where it was offloaded onto a conveyor belt, bounced up and down, dropped into a sorting bin, and then loaded onto another van driven by another complete stranger, who raced around trying to get everything delivered on schedule.  So the guitar got bumped and bashed all over again. 

And all after he told the original guy to be careful too because it was a guitar.  Jeez.  Couriers - never using them again either.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 455
    John_A said:
    Are you going to return it or go for a discount on it?
    A helpful update from my friendly seller who obviously thinks Parcelforce personally collect things and then drive them carefully all the way to the destination.

"Its not a glass vase it s a guitar in a case. I don t know what he did with it. If I d have driven to you myself in a van I could do it without damaging it. He was 6 hours late, picked it up and smashed it around. Nothing I can do about it"
    0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8848
    TTony said:

He'll be on here later complaining ...
    You’ve really cheered me up. I’ve spent all day thinking that my forum postings are too cynical. Then Tony pops up to make me feel at home. 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    My nephew bought an Epi Black Beauty off eBay some time ago and it arrived wrapped in a couple of black bin liners. And nothing else. How it survived, I don't know.

Don't all Epiphones come in bin liners?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Elwood said:
    John_A said:
    Are you going to return it or go for a discount on it?
    Who knows?  doesn't look like he's budging so it looks like I'll have to go through ebay to return it and give him a free guitar box :)
  • John_A said:
    A helpful update from my friendly seller who obviously thinks Parcelforce personally collect things and then drive them carefully all the way to the destination.

"Its not a glass vase it s a guitar in a case. I don t know what he did with it. If I d have driven to you myself in a van I could do it without damaging it. He was 6 hours late, picked it up and smashed it around. Nothing I can do about it"

I hope he remembered to insure it.  In which case he can claim since he booked it.
  • if it makes you feel better, a couple of years ago i bought a well used and battered cheap squier (about £70) was in a nice anderton padded gigbag, and covered in enough bubble wrap to cover California, then covered in tough black plastic which was covered with handle with care labels. you could have thrown this thing off the eifel tower and it would have bounced back up. took me nearly three weeks to cut through and open it.   Now thats how you pack a guitar
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    John_A said:

I hope he remembered to insure it.  In which case he can claim since he booked it.
    First thing the courier would do is ask to see the packaging, they would never pay out in a million years
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • xpia98jfxpia98jf Frets: 309
    Nothing I can do about it"

No and there’s nothing he’ll be able to do about EBay refunding your money and making him take the guitar back.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom