Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Ebay Idiots

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Slight spanner in the works - I booked the courier.  I did ask him via ebay messaging to make sure it was well packed
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just raise a paypal dispute pronto - guy sounds liike a complete tool who deserves to lose money
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • xpia98jfxpia98jf Frets: 309
    John_A said:
    Slight spanner in the works - I booked the courier.  I did ask him via ebay messaging to make sure it was well packed
    Ah you’re not covered by Paypal protection then.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16959
    was It collection only?  That often suggests the seller can’t be bothered with packaging.  

Looks like eBay will side with the seller but still worth a go.  You might have to take the hit on this one
    Looks like ebay wont help in this case, even though he made no attempt to pack it at all, lesson learned I suppose ;)
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    I had a strat delivered wrapped on a bin liner, I let out a squeaky fart when I saw it. Luckily/amazingly it was perfect.
    Ha, ha, had the same experience. Scored a very cheap Mexican Classic 50s Strat on ebay for £260 with a post auction offer - the seller had badly listed it and had had very few bids. Had to collect it from the Post Office and it was in some bins bags with a token amount of bubble wrap, part of the bin bag had even ripped open exposing the headstock and logo :o . Amazingly the guitar was mint apart from a chip out of the back which the seller had already mentioned in the sale.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1104
    Your SOOL then,id have at least asked for some pics of the guitar packed and boxed before booking a pick up....as you say lesson learned.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73047
    pia98jf said:
    John_A said:
    You could be very sneaky and do a Paypal chargeback for non-delivery, which he now can't prove. Then negotiate exactly how much you're prepared to pay him for it or whether he wants it back at his expense.

That is very underhand I know, but he does deserve it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• xpia98jfxpia98jf Frets: 309
    ICBM said:
    pia98jf said:
    John_A said:
    You could be very sneaky and do a Paypal chargeback for non-delivery, which he now can't prove. Then negotiate exactly how much you're prepared to pay him for it or whether he wants it back at his expense.

He would have the eBay correspondence with John_A about the guitar arriving damaged.
    ICBM said:
    pia98jf said:
    John_A said:

Already reported as damaged to ebay, and I wouldn't do that anyway.  Might tell him ebay will most likely refund me out of hopes pocket but I'd settle for a partial refund and see what he says.  He's quite obviously a bit thick though, so not expecting much :)
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3328
    edited December 2017
    John_A said:
    ICBM said:
    pia98jf said:
    John_A said:

Already reported as damaged to ebay, and I wouldn't do that anyway.  Might tell him ebay will most likely refund me out of hopes pocket but I'd settle for a partial refund and see what he says.  He's quite obviously a bit thick though, so not expecting much
    Couldn’t you have pulled the not as described trick, as clearly what you have received is not how it was depicted prior to the sale (and a few supporting photos for eBay should have done the trick)?  
    John_A said:
    ICBM said:
    pia98jf said:
    John_A said:

Already reported as damaged to ebay, and I wouldn't do that anyway.  Might tell him ebay will most likely refund me out of hopes pocket but I'd settle for a partial refund and see what he says.  He's quite obviously a bit thick though, so not expecting much
    Couldn’t you have pulled the not as described trick, as clearly what you have received is not how it was depicted prior to the sale (and a few supporting photos for eBay should have done the trick)?  
    Good call, however I've already communicated its damaged.  I'm actually ok with keeping it as-is, just annoying that it's been damaged through his idiocy 
  • @TTony - should we check the resistance of the pickups against stock? Might be able to send it back as not as described :-) 
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9100
    One thing everyone is overlooking is that @John_A  has had a NGD and we’ve yet to see a picture!!!!!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's like the "taking a bike on an airplane" dichotomy. Forget fancy protective cases, do the bare minimum of wrapping in thin plastic film and it will be obvious it's a bike/guitar so unlikely to be thrown about.
    hmmm, having flown carbon bikes many times I would not trust a  baggage handler with any bike of mine. Solid bike box every time and its never suffered any damage.