Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Anyone got a neck made from Rosewood?

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
I've just made a neck out of Rosewood, and it is just the loveliest thing ever! The dark colour is sublime and the feel is sooo nice. It really does feel different to every other neck wood I've ever tried. I honestly think that I'm going to stick to rosewood for any other necks I make now. Any other fans?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2385
    Yep! 2x GSP for me, one Tele one large headstock Strat, lovely things :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If you watch the Strat Pack concert Joe Walsh had a strat with a rosewood neck which I thought looked great.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Only tried them on prs - private stock and an ME1. Best necks I've ever played!! 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14767
    tFB Trader
    Only tried them on prs - private stock and an ME1. Best necks I've ever played!! 
    I love the PRS Modern Eagle - the feel and tone

recently sold a C/Shop Tele with an all rosewood neck - almost has a smooth luxurious feel and tonal character - If Lindt made guitar necks then they'd be rosewood
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes, I'm a big fan of rosewood.  In fact, I'm going to change strings today and polish mine up with gorgomyte.  I'll take before and after pics for you.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Is rosewood not heavier than maple or mahogany?
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16959
    It is, doesn’t make it unsuitable for most designs.it can be neck heavy if paired with a light body or unsuitable strap button location 

Its worth it

• DominicDominic Frets: 16293
    neck on my Albert Lee HH .................superb
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 618
    I'm GASSING bad for Fender Strat one now... this post is not helping LOL CITES has killed chances of getting one out of the USA and over here they are mainly custom shop relics. Don't want relic. One came up recent on the bay but was sunburst which no good for me. Just have to be patient I guess.
  • Dominic said:
    Same here @Dominic what colour is yours?
    Mines the Tahoe blue, changed my pickups 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14767
    tFB Trader
    bazxkr said:
    I'm GASSING bad for Fender Strat one now... this post is not helping LOL CITES has killed chances of getting one out of the USA and over here they are mainly custom shop relics. Don't want relic. One came up recent on the bay but was sunburst which no good for me. Just have to be patient I guess.
    If buying direct from the USA, be it via a dealer or a private source, you'll need them to apply for a USA exit CITES certificate and apply for a EU entry certificate - Not required if you are bringing it back on a plane with you, as your possession - This is applicable to Indian Rosewood only - Brazilian rosewood is another issue - the hassle of the CITES application means many won't bother and as such will turn down the potential sale, then sell only in their customs zone
  • I have a Warmoth solid rosewood neck on a Tele.. it is fantastic feeling/sounding yoke. Ebony board on it too iirc. Got it in a swap deal for a pedal :) Love rosewood necks!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • Dominic said:
    Same!!!
  • Dominic said:
    Same!!!
    Same x 2 :-)
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9100
    Yep... got this neck nearly 30 years ago during a family trip to the states... did the Disney thing and made my dad drive me round various guitar shops... it’s been on a few bodies over the years and now it’s found it’s home on “sparkles”... 

http://a63.tinypic.com/2me4xp4.jpg

Lovely neck!...
  • FatPeteFatPete Frets: 683
    Another Warmoth...

Trading feedback: Trading feedback
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Before gorgomyte cleaning:

After:

Not too much of a difference because the neck is in good nick, but the wood looks amazing.

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5511
    Sassafras said:
    Is rosewood not heavier than maple or mahogany?
    I think as with most woods it varies a lot. I have a PRS Starla with a RW neck that weighs 7 lbs exactly, and that’s *with* a Bigsby. It’s lighter than the “regular” mahogany-necked Starla I had before this one came along by over a pound. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16293
    @Winny_Pooh ;
    Vintage white which has gone v dark and looks great against the rosewood - sort of chocolate and cream with brown sortie guard ............I love the pickups though 
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7897
    edited December 2017
    Dominic said:
    @Winny_Pooh ;;;;;;
    Vintage white which has gone v dark and looks great against the rosewood - sort of chocolate and cream with brown sortie guard ............I love the pickups though 
    @Dominic ;; sounds very nice. I love the look of the tort gaurds on these guitars. I'm playing mine right now

https://i.imgur.com/Ip4Kmcs.jpg

the neck pickup is a filtertron style I got from @Alegree ;; I like the bit of sparkle it gives vs the stock Dimarzios and even used it on my christmas challenge tune. 

https://i.imgur.com/9LvrKLU.jpg