Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• gitapikgitapik Frets: 19
    Really love this mini-board, very versatile. The El Cap is a recent acquisition and it is just the most beautiful-sounding pedal. I'll need to set up the H9 for pre/post-routing but I'm taking this to the next rehearsal. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/JhSWI
    I concur, Winny. A fine board it is. What's the amp you're putting it through? Deluxe Reverb? And how's that Ojai working out? I didn't even know they had that available. 
    G.A.S. = "Git a Sound"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited June 2017
    Updated mine to accommodate the katana foot controller and voicelive unit

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • @StrummyBrummie very tasty board you have there

I'm quite pleased with it. The KoT and the Thorpy Veteran are newly acquired. I think I'm going to swap the Friedman out for a compressor,  and maybe change the Subdecay for a univibe. Or maybe not... 
  • gitapik said:
    Really love this mini-board, very versatile. The El Cap is a recent acquisition and it is just the most beautiful-sounding pedal. I'll need to set up the H9 for pre/post-routing but I'm taking this to the next rehearsal. 

I concur, Winny. A fine board it is. What's the amp you're putting it through? Deluxe Reverb? And how's that Ojai working out? I didn't even know they had that available. 
    Though a DRRI, yep, sounds great, and the Ojai is a godsend, though I'd like to mod the board so I could put it underneath the Nano+.

I'm not Winny btw :) 
  • gitapikgitapik Frets: 19
    gitapik said:

Though a DRRI, yep, sounds great, and the Ojai is a godsend, though I'd like to mod the board so I could put it underneath the Nano+.

I know. I was agreeing with Winny, who liked your board, too. 
    G.A.S. = "Git a Sound"
  • gitapik said:
    gitapik said:

I know. I was agreeing with Winny, who liked your board, too. 
    Oh I SEE, apologies, and thank you! :)
  • Finally done.............. yeah, finally.......

• carl999popcarl999pop Frets: 48
    Here's my main live board. Pedaltrain JR so quite compact and light.

https://imgur.com/gallery/PmQh6

Signal chain: Gtr -> Fulltone Clyde -> Boss TU -> MXR phase 90 -> TC Spark -> OCD -> Boss CE5 -> Strymon --> Blackstar Artisan 100

The amp is typically set to just breaking up slightly and the OCD is on most of then time and I use the volume and time controls on my strat and tele a lot to get different tones and levels. I kick in the Spark sometimes to get some extra dirt from the OCD. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16654

Signal chain: Gtr -> Fulltone Clyde -> Boss TU -> MXR phase 90 -> TC Spark -> OCD -> Boss CE5 -> Strymon --> Blackstar Artisan 100

The amp is typically set to just breaking up slightly and the OCD is on most of then time and I use the volume and time controls on my strat and tele a lot to get different tones and levels. I kick in the Spark sometimes to get some extra dirt from the OCD. 
    @carl999pop what's powering that? I've got a Jr and am thinking about a change in what goes underneath to power the pedals. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited June 2017
    Am currently putting together a vertical Moogerfooger board. The octagon in the middle is where the patchbay will be mounted. I just need to install a few more shelves, and spray paint it. Will post more pics when it's done! 

https://s8.postimg.org/v2dwpac6t/IMG_0105.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8563
    For the first time in about three years I reckon my board doesn't look too bad. Went on a mission to make something that worked no matter which of my amps I'm gigging so I don't need to mess around with the signal chain.

On the top left under the amp channel switcher there's a Bright Onion normalised patch box so the signal can be interrupted if I want to put the EH Memory Toy, Zoom and Korg delay in a loop. Signal becomes stereo with the Zoom and goes in stereo through the Korg Delay so the board has L+R outputs if I want to use two amps.

The riser at the back comprises two wooden backs from AC30 spring reverb tanks.  B)

And maybe most important of all, because I'm quite clumsy with my feet when performing, singing and playing... the stomps aren't too close together!  =)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4713
    @Cirrus how many times do you use the zoom during your sets?

@carl999pop what's powering that? I've got a Jr and am thinking about a change in what goes underneath to power the pedals. 

edited June 2017
    @EricTheWeary TRex Fueltank sits underneath the pedalboard fixed with Velcro and cable ties 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16654
    @EricTheWeary TRex Fueltank sits underneath the pedalboard fixed with Velcro and cable ties 
    Ahh, okay, cheers :smile: 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8563
    DesVegas said:
    @Cirrus how many times do you use the zoom during your sets?
    Not Very often, historically, mainly because patch changing involves bending down between songs! I use the particle reverb for a couple of songs we usually play, and there's a patch with reverb and octave down for a specific song that we used to do regularly but haven't for a while. But, I want to get more into certain effects - one of my new songs needs a pretty wet spring reverb, I've been really inspired by the vibrato and stereo chorus possibilities... It's definitely the swiss army knife of the board.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4713
    edited June 2017
    Good answer Ted. I use mine mainly as a pre delay reverb
  • dogload said:
    dogload said:
    My first update in almost a year (!) Adding a germanium Fuzz Face Mini and a little silicon Fuzz Face clone in front of the CS-1

How d'you get on with your Freeze @dogload? What do you use it for?
    @Placidcasual79 ;I use it for drone effects mainly. I can get it to do a half-acceptable tambura or I sometimes use it to provide a fuller 'pad' effect. it does one thing, but it can be quite flexible. I can't remember what setting I use - I think it's 'Latch' where you hit the switch and it just stays on that till you hit the switch again.
    Thanks @dogload - I sometimes use mine for a feedback type effect during breakdowns, but one of the principle reasons I bought it was for the tambura type idea - that was until our bass player told me it sounded like bagpipes!!! I felt quite deflated by that!!! 

Just out of interest you ever used one of those electronic Tamburas? 

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7411
    I just took my whole board to bits again tonight. 

Damn you, Meris. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    dogload said:
    dogload said:
    My first update in almost a year (!) Adding a germanium Fuzz Face Mini and a little silicon Fuzz Face clone in front of the CS-1

How d'you get on with your Freeze @dogload? What do you use it for?
    @Placidcasual79 ;I use it for drone effects mainly. I can get it to do a half-acceptable tambura or I sometimes use it to provide a fuller 'pad' effect. it does one thing, but it can be quite flexible. I can't remember what setting I use - I think it's 'Latch' where you hit the switch and it just stays on that till you hit the switch again.
    Thanks @dogload - I sometimes use mine for a feedback type effect during breakdowns, but one of the principle reasons I bought it was for the tambura type idea - that was until our bass player told me it sounded like bagpipes!!! I felt quite deflated by that!!! 

Just out of interest you ever used one of those electronic Tamburas? 

Never tried one of those although I did try an EH Sitarish for a while. Couldn't be bothered with it really - too big for what it does and I hadn't long since ditched both a POG and a HOG on the grounds of being a bit superfluous!

I find that using the looping setting on the Boss DD-6 (can't remember off-hand what it's called - maybe that's called 'freeze' as well?) and just capturing a loop of the drone from the Freeze pedal works nicely as a Tambura-esque sound. Especially if it's been through the revers delay of the Hazerai.