Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Secret Santa Etiquette

What's Hot

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    It's horrible when the realisation that your work colleagues hate you hits home
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • i have found out who is was, silly wee scrote from another dept, her card is fucking marked 
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • We had one in work today. I didn’t take part because I’m a bloke, don’t really like Christmas and hate going to shops. Anyway, I’d be tempted to turn it into some prank... not a wise move. But it was fun to see people’s faces as they opened their gifts. A couple gave rather unconvincing displays of feigned surprise but the majority were visibly underwhelmed almost to the point of disgust. Ho ho ho!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Ossyrocks said:
    It's a great opportunity to let someone at work know that someone hates them though.
    yup certainly feels that way to me. cunts 

to make it worse its not even a beer i will drink. Badger Tanglefoot 
    I reckon you've been told all you need to know by the pretty buyer.... lol..
    play every note as if it were your first

i have found out who is was, silly wee scrote from another dept, her card is fucking marked 
    retaliate in the true spirit of Crissmss
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1014
    A mates company go out for their works Christmas party and then the secret Santa gifts are handed out there from a couple of large bags.  

I’m sure during the course of the evening, there are moans & groans about what presents were received.
  • Our lot did Secret Santa really wrong - everyone had to buy stuff in advance, then draw names and give gifts there and then. No opportunity to buy cool shit for people you like and/or buy cheap 1.75 beer for people you don't. I was in Kuwait so didn't participate...

Though, FWIW as a non-beer drinker, I'd have no idea that some would say Tanglefoot was considered bad.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    edited December 2017
    Massive piss take to be honest. Then again I once got a chlamydia testing kit for Secret Santa so in all honesty I wouldn’t complain about the beer. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29048
    I've only been a Secret Santa victim once. I got the Italian sales chap in the office - he was obsessed with Italian cars in particular. We had a £5 target, so I got him three little Matchbox cars, one Ferrari, one Maserati and one Alfa, and a Lottery scratchcard with what was left so he had a chance to win enough to buy the real thing.

I got bought a red baseball cap. I have never worn a baseball cap and I don't think I've ever worn red. At that point I realised that most people are lazy and crap at everything, and I therefore haven't participated in a Shitty Santa since.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm so thankful I'm self-employed lol. Don't have to deal with bullshit every year haha.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4366
    We had an Indian contractor working in our office called Rex. He entered the secret santa and someone bought him a dog collar and lead.

He wasn't impressed, bless him. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Ossyrocks said:
    It's a great opportunity to let someone at work know that someone hates them though.
    yup certainly feels that way to me. cunts 

to make it worse its not even a beer i will drink. Badger Tanglefoot 
    Maybe this guy will do a swap?
    https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-guitar-accessories/guitar-stand-for-ale/1275892713
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Our office has mostly youngsters so good cheer on the whole. £5 budget and I got a Rick & Morty mug.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3957
    Ours was a fiver and somebody got me a mail order box of two bottles of Naga chili sauce yesterday. Good stuff too. 

I felt a bit guilty as they obviously cost a lot more than five quid.
  • Ours worked quite well this year, put a present in you pick one out so harder for anyone to be offended as it's not really targeted.
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/

• Our office do it, I opted out of it this year, but it’s about fun rather than how much you spend. One guy had things go missing all year and got them all back wrapped up for secret santa.  Everybody, including the guy who it was happening to thought it was funny.  It took great planning but cost almost nothing (I think he also got some token tat). 

A £1.75 beer is not only tight, it’s lazy.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6927
    The last time I participated in SS nonsense I got the lucky recipient 5 lottery tickets. I didn’t know them well enough to buy them a present...

The single beer is a piss take - maybe there is a £10 note sellotaped to the base of it?
    Previously known as stevebrum
    I've only been secret santa'd once

a nice bottle of Carta Negro Bacardi
    yummy
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Iamnobody said:
    The last time I participated in SS nonsense I got the lucky recipient 5 lottery tickets.
    Consider yourself lucky, Kaltenbrunner got sentenced to death at Nuremburg for participating in "SS nonsense"!
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    i open my secret Santa and their is one bottle of beer, cost £1.75 from Asda. Thats a wee bit of a piss take init ? 
    Lucky man - you now have the ideal excuse to flatly refuse participation in next year's. (Not joking - after that I would tell Secret Santa to Phuq Off.)