Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fretboarders who DONT have a Delay pedal on their board ?

What's Hot
TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
When I used delay , I hated the digital pedals and only used Analog types. But alas I got real tired of hearing repeats and I decided to quit using delay altogether. I purchased a TC Hall of Fame 1 reverb which I quickly found the Plate setting to be my favourite. I sold the hall of fame because rather than having a palette of good sounds, I wanted a pedal with one magnificent sound. Ive got a couple of weeks to wait for my Catalinbread Talisman Plate Reverb pedal to arrive and this pedal is simply spellbinding with reverb sound to literally die for.

Thats me, if you say you dont use delay, why not and what do you use instead ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• If I had to lose pedals from my board, the delay would be the first to go. I've always preferred reverb over delay. 

In terms of why, if I think about my inspirations, none of those guitarists really used an obvious delay so I never really felt the need when I was learning. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    I don’t. I have an Eventide Space should I require any of that nonsense. Used to rock a tape delay when gigging for dub sounds. But not now. 
  • I just play the same thing twice, the second time 0.5 second after the first time.
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Maybe try something a bit more unorthodox like the boss PS-2. I find regular delays/digital or otherwise boring. 
  • ewalewal Frets: 2584
    Currently got a delay/reverb gap on my board because my Avalanche Run is away getting repaired.... Thankfully not had any rehearsals or gigs for the last wee while...
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited January 2018
    I have a Quantum-Time-Compressor delay which allows you to hear the delayed notes before you play them
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    edited January 2018
    frank1985 said:
    I have a Quantum-Time-Compressor delay which allows you to hear the delayed notes before you play them
    You need one of these from @4114Effects

• frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    frank1985 said:
    You need one of these from @4114Effects

I’m not a huge fan of the flux capacitor in that
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    I'm using delay less and less but never turn off my RV6. Really tempted by the Talisman, from what I've heard it sounds incredible. 
  • Fuengi said: 
    I'm using delay less and less but never turn off my RV6. Really tempted by the Talisman, from what I've heard it sounds incredible. 
    andy martin from pgs did a demo that blew me away, i simply had to have one.
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    No delay or Reverb for me. I used to run a Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, but ditched it about two years ago. Now it’s just a tuner, Fulltone Clyde wah, Way Huge Overrated Special, and a Radial Twin City to run two amps at once. All into two Gartone 5E3 Deluxes. It’s the best tone I have had for years.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2220
    edited January 2018
    Delay and reverb are essential for most of the music I play. I do like playing straight into the amp as well, but generally I couldn't do without either of them.
  • SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 337
    I only recently re-discovered delay and truth be told, I'm quite enjoying it but reverb comes from the room you're playing in...reverb pedals are pointless.

If you want to sound like you're playing in a church...then go play in a church. There's free wine and biscuits too!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    I don't have a delay on my board.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7788

I don't either.

Oops!

I forgot the BitQuest does delay, so . . . 7 delays (or pedals that do some some sort of delay) in total.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • I have the DD-6 but I don't it much at the moment as I'm primarily the rhythm guitarist who handles chords. Before in old bands I'd use it for lead lines and solos.
  • I was without a delay for a few months and gigged and tbh didn't really miss it, I don't think anyone else noticed. I just upped the amount of reverb I was using. Don't think I could go without delay AND reverb though....
  • I love Reverb and I don’t really like delay per say but I could gig without reverb but not without delay
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I don’t even have a board any more, no delay, no verb, nothing. It’s just amp and guitar and it’s liberating.

i find delay a bit “cliche” now, I think it’s become over used by people with no imagination or desire to inspire. Can’t write a verse part, easy, slap three notes down with a delay, can’t get the speed of the solo right, fuck it, loads of delay. It should be called DeLAZY. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom