‘All Together Now’ BBC 1

What's Hot
I just had the misfortune of stumbling across this new singing competition show as I was flicking channels.

What a pile of shite

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16372
    I’ve seen about three minutes of it. Three minutes too much. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• What a pile of shite

Think this is the first time i totally agree with you.   What a waste of money.

• TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    edited January 2018
    I caught about 20 seconds and thought it was “Celebrity Squares”!
    We are all Chameleons...
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1809
    Mrs wanted to see if it was as good as the voice which she likes. 
    I suggested she flipped over to the weather channel it was complete pants. 
    Why do they even commision this rubbish
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Because the commissioners lack originality. That's why there are so many bloody chefs on TV.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23578
    I watched about half an hour.  The only positive I can see is that it doesn't have a five minute video piece about each contestant and a load of sob stories, it moves along at a good pace.

But what a bunch of utter wankers "the 100" in those boxes are.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14007

What a pile of shite

Good man, you've made a nice start. Now all you need is to develop a hatred of stew and we could be bessies.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I had the misfortune to see the trailers for it. Thought it looked a pile of shite. I won’t be watching..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

edited January 2018
    Even the bloke presenting, the one who looks like he should have been in Bros, looks like he thinks it's a crock and is probably wondering what he's even doing there.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I've not seen it, but thanks to RandallFlagg's unwavering altruism, I won't have to.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2018
    I've not seen it, but thanks to RandallFlagg's unwavering altruism, I won't have to.
    I had to look it up: "disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others"

I resemble that remark.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2018

What a pile of shite

The BBC can get some of it back on John Humphrys salary savings

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12336
    Sassafras said:
    Because the commissioners lack originality. That's why there are so many bloody chefs on TV.
    They also know that singing competition done competently = viewers = keep job.

Something original that doesn't work out = no viewers = lose job.

For every producer who comes up with "Let's bring Doctor Who Back", "Modern Sherlock" or "Let's do another Blue Planet in 4k!" there's another who commissioned Horne and Corden...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12508
    Even the bloke presenting, the one who looks like he should have been in Bros, looks like he thinks it's a crock and is probably wondering what he's even doing there.

Rob Beckett. The man who goes in daily fear of being stalked by ivory poachers.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Surely it can't be too long before the licence fee is abolished? I probably watch about 30 hrs of BBC programmes a year. Seems to me that by chasing viewers (lowest common denominator junk) thay're actually driving most people away and killing off what they used to be good at - drama, documentaries, fearless journalism, etc.
    It's incredibly brave of them to experiment with an innovative format that's never been tried before now.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14750
    darthed1981 said:
    Horne and Corden.
    The only Horne in British comedy who matters died on 14 February 1969. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    darthed1981 said:
    Horne and Corden.
    The only Horne in British comedy who matters died on 14 February 1969. 
    Thanks to Radio 4 Extra he can still be heard, I think, on Mondays.
    Great comedy that's stood the test of time better than nearly all other 60s comedy shows. Take It From Here is the other one.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12508
    edited January 2018
    AlexC said:
    Surely it can't be too long before the licence fee is abolished? I probably watch about 30 hrs of BBC programmes a year. Seems to me that by chasing viewers (lowest common denominator junk) thay're actually driving most people away and killing off what they used to be good at - drama, documentaries, fearless journalism, etc.
    How would they fund the bbc? Ads? I’d rather have it ad-free and pay the licence fee frankly. Not sure they’d make enough income from purely selling merchandise. 

For all the Beeb bashing they still put out a lot of good stuff amongst a relatively small amount of dross. If you want to see how really bad tv is done, go to the US. Some of their product is good, but it’s drowned in a tide of constant ads. The other 90% is just garbage. 
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    boogieman said:
    AlexC said:
    How would they fund the bbc? Ads? I’d rather have it ad-free and pay the licence fee frankly. Not sure they’d make enough income from purely selling merchandise. 

For all the Beeb bashing they still put out a lot of good stuff amongst a relatively small amount of dross. If you want to see how really bad tv is done, go to the US. Some of their product is good, but it’s drowned in a tide of constant ads. The other 90% is just garbage. 
    Agree with you about US TV, but the BBC would resemble CH4 or ITV rather than some American channel.