Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Smart Tv's

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11422
    My Sony is almost ten years old and the picture is still great. Unfortunately, the picture is generally of the most appalling crap that's served up these days.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11517
    GSPBASSES said:

Interestingly if you got an iPad go to YouTube, in the top right hand corner of the screen there's a little icon that will sync your iPad to your smart TV so you can watch YouTube to your hearts content. That last bit of information courtesy of my eight-year-old granddaughter.

Will also work from your phone - Android as well as Apple.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23578
    stickyfiddle said:
    As for Sony screens, my cat climbs up our TV multiple times almost every day and it’s absolutely fine...

Nice to see a house with some shelves.  And stuff on those shelves.  So many people seem to live in minimalist feng shui show houses nowadays.
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2357
    tFB Trader
    GSPBASSES said:
     If you're thinking of going for a budget Sony or one to about £800 be careful, particularly if you're into sport. As they refresh rates are only about 400 to 600 Hz. This on an HD television or UDR is no good. In cricket when the ball is hit across the ground and the camera follows it you get ghosting effect and it looks like there are three cricket balls. Also, the problem with Sony televisions there plastic screens of very easily damaged. 
    That’s usually down to motion smoothing, not refresh rates. It can be turned off. I have no idea why TV OEMs ever turn it on! 

As for Sony screens, my cat climbs up our TV multiple times almost every day and it’s absolutely fine...

If a cat climb over my Sony screen it would be ruined, also my screen is so thin, I don't think a cat could lie across the top. My TV is only 4 months old, when I was connecting up my new sound bar,  I laid a HDMI lead over the front of the screen. It took a chunk out of it. Not very big, but is now like a little white searchlight coming back of the screen. When I got onto Sony about this they did say that in the instructions for their new televisions, it does say never touch the screen never handled the screen.

Now had a look at the the setup of the screen found the motion controls I will reset them as they were turned off, I will now see if that improves fast moving  objects.

Apart from the above its a great television. Great picture awful sound but that's what got sound bar for. The smart side of the television is really good. I need to find out if I can connect a Bluetooth keyboard to the television. 

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27698
    @GSPBASSES Looks like I can't risk getting a new TV then!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2357
    tFB Trader
    @GSPBASSES Looks like I can't risk getting a new TV then!
    I think if you got a Sony television the same as mine. You and your lovely cat would fall out very quickly. 

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2246
    Our cat used to sleep across the top of our TV, just got a new one (went with a Samsung smart in the end, special offer took it to same price as standard TV) 
    Cat jumped up to get on new TV and was quite put out to discover the TV was a quarter of the width. He had time to contemplate this on his was to the floor once he had fallen off :)
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3376
    I’ve not been that impressed with the Samsung I bought last year. I need to power it off completely once a week otherwise it’s like it’s run out of cache memory and all the apps freeze. 
    The panasonic I bought in November however has been fantastic and a much clearer picture although it was twice the price of the Samsung but the Samsung is 40” and the panosonic is 55” so that might account for the price difference. 
  • Apple tv seems to do everything you need these days.