Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

pre book your sun bed by the pool

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14750
in Off Topic tFB Trader
Just heard on the radio 2 news - hotels are looking at a trial scheme whereby you can pre-book your sun lounger and shade/umbrella by the pool for the duration of the holiday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Yep, just another money spinner by tour operators to charge money for something ‘extra’ that isn’t really anything extra (ie choose your seat on the plane, choose your sunbed, choose your plane ‘boarding package’)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Are they offering a deal whereby you send in your towel and they put it on your sun lounger for you?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14007
    edited January 2018

"turned out nice again"

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    We won’t have to worry about such things once we’ve pulled up the drawbridge! Bloody foreigners!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• I rarely know what I'm going to do from one day to the next on holiday. If I do, it's not likely to be sitting by a pool. That isn't my idea of a holiday.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6886
    I do this for free 6am the day of.. then again i’m half German ;) teehee heee. 

Only kidding. Can’t say laying by a pool is my idea of a holiday...
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16372
    I occasionally wonder if I'm missing out by not going on package holidays. Then stuff like this confirms I'm not. Mental.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27943
    Just heard on the radio 2 news - hotels are looking at a trial scheme whereby you can pre-book your sun lounger and shade/umbrella by the pool for the duration of the holiday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yup, just saw that.

You realise that the booking app - indeed the whole scheme - is being run by the Germans?  
    ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11422
    Do you get a bit of paper confirming your booking? There's a few quid to be made there, charge 'em for printing it at home.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16275
    I rarely know what I'm going to do from one day to the next on holiday. If I do, it's not likely to be sitting by a pool. That isn't my idea of a holiday.
    Quite agree .........what a terrible waste of opportunity
    My idea of hell would be a package holiday to an all-inclusive resort
    I am a traveller not a holiday-maker.....(not the kind of traveller that will re-tarmac your drive )
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3087
    I love swimming pools.  I love holidays.  I love lounging by a pool all day, getting a tan, chilling out to some tunes and quaffing the odd local brew.

But I hate the thought of an all inclusive "avoid the chavs" holiday, so we always have a private villa.  The downside of that is that is hugely expensive and thus we only go on holiday once every two years,
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    I've been using a similar app for years, it's called a 'towel'.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10397

This is one of the reasons I always stay in a villa when on holiday.You're guaranteed a sun bed,and you only have to share the pool with people you actually know/like.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• This is one of the reasons I always stay in a villa when on holiday.You're guaranteed a sun bed,and you only have to share the pool with people you actually know/like.

Do you not take the family, then?

:)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10397
    edited January 2018

This is one of the reasons I always stay in a villa when on holiday.You're guaranteed a sun bed,and you only have to share the pool with people you actually know/like.

Do you not take the family, then?

I go on my own  =)
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24649
    RobDavies said:
    But I hate the thought of an all inclusive "avoid the chavs" holiday, so we always have a private villa.  
    Avoid the chavs on an all-inclusive holiday ??  You do know that all-inclusives are chav-magnets don't you ?
    I won't go on one anymore.  Anywhere where the alcohol is 'free' is going to attract all the scum you don't want to see on holiday.  I gave up on European all-inclusives and tried the Caribbean to get away from them.  Turns out distance is no object for scum.  I even went to Cuba and there were loads of pissed tattooed musclebound idiots shouting in Essex accents at their offspring, and the fathers weren't any better either.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14007
    edited January 2018
    Emp_Fab said:
    RobDavies said:
    But I hate the thought of an all inclusive "avoid the chavs" holiday, so we always have a private villa.  
    Avoid the chavs on an all-inclusive holiday ??  You do know that all-inclusives are chav-magnets don't you ?
    I won't go on one anymore.  Anywhere where the alcohol is 'free' is going to attract all the scum you don't want to see on holiday.  I gave up on European all-inclusives and tried the Caribbean to get away from them.  Turns out distance is no object for scum.  I even went to Cuba and there were loads of pissed tattooed musclebound idiots shouting in Essex accents at their offspring, and the fathers weren't any better either.
    I thought I saw some pale miserable cunt sitting in the shade with a face on as we were largin' it up on the banana...."waaayy alwight lads! Lager lager lager, Oi?. you gaggin' for it luv?" etc.

not really. We binned off the 'Go mahoosive with the all Inclusive' several years ago as well. I'm not really a big fan of humans so why would I want to be surrounded in a prison with a pool with a load of them?

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14750
    tFB Trader

not really. We binned off the 'Go mahoosive with the all Inclusive' several years ago as well. I'm not really a big fan of humans so why would I want to be surrounded in a prison with a pool with a load of them?

edit to :-  I'm not really a big fan of humans so why would I want to be surrounded in a prison with a pool with a load of them who paid for a sunbed as well and I got no sunbed at all
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3376
    edited February 2018
    Before the daughter came along me and the wife went once a year to Vegas and always booked loungers or cabanas as the pools can get quite busy more so at the party pool hotels but even at Bellagio etc, its nice knowing its yours all day and you can come and go as you please.
    not everyone wants to get up at 7am to  guarantee a place to relax.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12457
    Theres nowt quite like a relaxing dip in the hotel pool with 100 other sunburnt loud fuckwits bouncing footballs off your face. Fuck package holidays. They are for the same kind of people that spend their weekends zombi-ing around the Trafford Centre.

They arent even cheap once you factor in 10 pints of lager a day at 4 euros a pop.

Judgemental moi? Err, yes I am.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom