Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Bloody Neighbours

What's Hot
FosterFoster Frets: 1100
Just got a text from next door before my phone died (2 hour telephone meeting at work)

"Can you move your van forward? My partner is blocking the drive opposite and he complains about it"

99% of the time I park on the drive, didn't tonight as the binmen blocked my driveway with my bin (again!). Not a problem as I'm right outside my house and i'm not blocking anyone's drive - I've done it by accident in the past, they've knocked on my door and i've apologised and moved it to a more convenient spot.

Laddo from next door parks outside my house 99% of the time, they never park on their driveway.

In short i've ignored the text, not my problem if he's too useless to reverse onto a driveway. I'd be more sympathetic if they were the kind of neighbours who didn't have shouting matches at 1am in the garden or had their mate trying to kick their door in at 5am. Thankfully a lot of the time i'm out of the house in an evening when they're blasting music. It's pointless talking to them as they're both raging alcoholics, it's like trying to get a civil conversation on Jeremy Kyle.
0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    People... :p
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stedsted Frets: 259
    They sound great.....

Having said that 2 drug dealers had a knife fight to the death in the street 50 yards from my old place, it's amazing what you can pass off as normal everyday behaviour sometimes 
    1reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FosterFoster Frets: 1100
    Just checked, he's parked on the driveway. Amazing what can be achieved when you engage the few remaining brain cells you have left! Fair play to him he might not have been aware that his van had a reverse gear
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Absolutely great when art imitates life.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    I'm amazed you let them have your mobile number.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    Have you checked their monthly internet usage?
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FosterFoster Frets: 1100
    Sassafras said:
    I try to be a good neighbour, take parcels in for anyone who is out, offer to help other next door if she needs some gardening doing (cutting back my trees that overhang). That sort of thing.
  • I like having noisy neighbours - it means they can’t take the moral high ground when I play my guitar loud.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • We live in a terraced block of 6 houses. The two neighbours either side of us are contrasting. To our left are the worse ones, noisy as hell with 3 kids (2 now as ones buggered off to university). But cos of their front door being a flimsy wooden one that doesn’t shut properly and no handle they use the letterbox knocker to close it meaning unnecessary loud slamming of the door. This happens 5 times a day, twice in the morning for work and school runs, then a further two times in the afternoon for the same thing then another for post school activities. All this 5 days a week. Weekends can be anything up to 7 times a day.

They also are quite unsocial and prefer to keep themselves to themselves. We take in their packages regularly and we rarely get a thank you. I think I may start refusing as they just seem to expect it.

Now they’ve purchased a puppy which means even more noisy esp at 6am with it barking.

The ones on the other side however are much nicer. They’re always up for a quick chat and have helped us out saving parking spaces whenever we’ve gone out. The lad that lived there til he got married is a decent geezer and his dad is well alright.

Just wished the nightmare ones would move away.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    edited January 2018

They also are quite unsocial and prefer to keep themselves to 
    themselves. We take in their packages regularly and we rarely get a thank you. I think I may start refusing as they just seem to expect it.

Maybe that says more about you than them. There could be a reason for them finding your company unendurable.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Lol so them waiting for us to leave before they open the door or wait for us to go in is something to do with us? I’ve seen when both of us come back in our cars at the same time they either get out quickly and try to run into the house or delay coming out of the car to avoid conversation.
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Lol so them waiting for us to leave before they open the door or wait for us to go in is something to do with us? I’ve seen when both of us come back in our cars at the same time they either get out quickly and try to run into the house or delay coming out of the car to avoid conversation.
    Well, you are the one who "saves" parking spaces when you go out....
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Quite lucky here, regarding neighbours. We’re not in each other’s pockets all the time, but we all take in parcels for each other, and have a quick chat if we happen to see each other. 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Lol so them waiting for us to leave before they open the door or wait for us to go in is something to do with us? I’ve seen when both of us come back in our cars at the same time they either get out quickly and try to run into the house or delay coming out of the car to avoid conversation.
    Honestly, I do that with all my neighbours, I cant stand having to make awkward small talk with them - that mean I am also unsociable but c'est la vie
  • jellyroll said:
    Well, you are the one who "saves" parking spaces when you go out....
    That’s the folks on the other side. The nice ones. Lol.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    My bloody neighbour has recently insisted on instating a hard boundary and staking in post and rail fence. OK but the bastard has refused to accept he has encroached on my land by up to a foot in some cases and when I said if he didn't move it I would chainsaw the posts, he replied if I did he would cut all my boundary trees down. The trees form another natural barrier along one side which although my house is older than his by 150 years, he seems to think is all his boundary even though shows on earlier Tythe maps as mine before his even existed!

So I been here 17 years - him 17 months! Cunt car salesman for KIAs
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    My neighbours seem to have an unhealthy obsession with listening to KISS really loud in the daytime. It's really awful, what a horrible band.
  • Sassafras said:
    It's all a part of reciprocity.   
  • The nightmare ones listen to very bad music which I can hear if the windows are open, and cos its so loud I can still hear it faintly with them shut. Repetitive dance music with 1 line over 1 beat for 4 minutes.