Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Bloody Neighbours

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15844
    I'm learning to play the violin, anyone who plays music antisocially where it disturbs me gets it back with interest. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 407
    Turns out my neighbour's dead - thought she was being quiet.  Anyway, get to warm up the output stages on a few amps.  It's an ill wind as they say...
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14007
    Had a few beers again tonight and guess what? The bloody bloke over the road has parked his van in the way. I sent him a text and asked him to move it forward but got no reply, bloody imbecile. Oh well, gonna polish off a couple more Special Brews then smash into the missus.

you couldn't make it up.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    57Deluxe said:
    My bloody neighbour has recently insisted on instating a hard boundary and staking in post and rail fence. OK but the bastard has refused to accept he has encroached on my land by up to a foot in some cases and when I said if he didn't move it I would chainsaw the posts, he replied if I did he would cut all my boundary trees down. The trees form another natural barrier along one side which although my house is older than his by 150 years, he seems to think is all his boundary even though shows on earlier Tythe maps as mine before his even existed!

So I been here 17 years - him 17 months! Cunt car salesman for KIAs
    Get a solicitors letter with a copy of the title deeds and a ground plan sent to him ASAP before he thinks he’s got a right to encroach any further.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    /\ I thought all this but the plans/maps show no dimensions as per usual so is an arbitrary assumption. He can quite clearly see the soft boundary of shrubs and saplings/mature trees but he disputes this too!

Anyway, seems these cases are civil not criminal damage, so take a long tome to progress the courts - up to 6 years and average cost is around £70k. In the interim he could move and I have to restart proceedings all over again...

What I have deduced by this (and another neighbour on same land but different boundary) is that is easier to take advantage/cut down than is to safeguard it as the fuckers do it when you are out/away and then is 'hearsay' when a third party is roped in...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Other people are, by and large, hateful.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5022
    @57Deluxe, When your neighbours are away on holidays, pull up and replace the posts where they should be.  Disguise the old location of the posts by planting a herbaceous border there.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    57Deluxe said:
    /\ I thought all this but the plans/maps show no dimensions as per usual so is an arbitrary assumption. He can quite clearly see the soft boundary of shrubs and saplings/mature trees but he disputes this too!

Anyway, seems these cases are civil not criminal damage, so take a long tome to progress the courts - up to 6 years and average cost is around £70k. In the interim he could move and I have to restart proceedings all over again...

What I have deduced by this (and another neighbour on same land but different boundary) is that is easier to take advantage/cut down than is to safeguard it as the fuckers do it when you are out/away and then is 'hearsay' when a third party is roped in...
    @57Deluxe - consider photographs with time/date stamp and keeping a diary of neighbourly issues. 
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1768

My Dad's neighbour used to park on his driveway without permission. Now you could fit two car on the driveway but she'd park sideways taking up the whole thing and then refuse to move even though she was on his land !

I blocked her in a few times and refused to move. I tried to discuss the situation with her but she'd just run away back into her house.

A few times she even got traffic cones (god knows where she got those from) and put them on the driveway to try and mark her 'space' again not her land with no agreement she could park there.

This all eventually stopped after an incident with their kid's trampoline. On this particular day my dad was able to park his car in the driveway and the weather was rather windy. Crazy Neighbour Lady hadn't secured the kids trampoline which then took off and smashed into his car. She never parked there again.

If anyone's interested a 10 foot garden trampoline landing on a two year old Jaguar will write it off !

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922
    Rocker said:
    @57Deluxe, When your neighbours are away on holidays, pull up and replace the posts where they should be.

Disguise the old location of the posts by planting a herbaceous border there.*

*or landmines.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • *or the person they got to spy on the house while they're away.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    One thought of retribution to the offending fence posts is, as they are on the top of a small bank, to dig away the level my side to the there is no supporting subsoil for them... he would have to realign them then!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>