First day of Nursery..

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    LuttiS said:
    joneve said:
    LuttiS said:
    Wifey picked her up at 4.15ish. She had a blast apparently, but did cry when she put her down to put her coat on. Guess she thought she was being left again! 
    Very clingy tonight, which Is actually quite nice, lots of cuddles for dada :)

How you getting on @joneve ? Little one treating you well?
    Yea, mostly good. Had a bit of a long night last night (my wife moreso than me!) - she's full of cold and already drained and he's been really restless the last few days, we think because he's got a shitload of wind and/or constipation, as he is farting A LOT. So I think he's generally just a bit uncomfortable lately and it came to a head last night where he just wouldn't be put down, so wife's running on empty currently :(...but most nights we are getting a couple of 3-4 hour uninterrupted sleeps between feeds, so it could be A LOT worse, he's generally prettynd a good! Plus he's just start smiling, which helps make you forget about stuff! 

glad to hear your little one got on well! We found a nursery we really like and they have no availability from October onwards (when we need it), which is absolutely gutting. 
    3-4 hrs is great between feeds.. i think there is a lot of myth about sleeping babies.. they don't sleep.. :)
    Ours was really windy when young too, turns out she allergic to cows milk, and wifey having a cup of tea set her off after each feed. 
    The smiling really does help though!

Sorry to hear about the nursery - there will be others that you'll like though :)
    Yea, it's been a pretty good 5 weeks all told, with the exception of being readmitted for severe weight loss for a few days...but after that he's been pretty good. Takes a fucking age to settle at night, but then he sleeps pretty soundly normally. 

We're trying to figure out if my wife's eaten anything recently that would have caused the wind, but she's not changed anything she eats we don't think. So I think maybe he's just had a build up and it might take a while to clear. he went nearly 5 hours the other night, then fed at the milk farm for over an hour haha! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joneve said:
    LuttiS said:
    joneve said:
    LuttiS said:
    Wifey picked her up at 4.15ish. She had a blast apparently, but did cry when she put her down to put her coat on. Guess she thought she was being left again! 

Yea, mostly good. Had a bit of a long night last night (my wife moreso than me!) - she's full of cold and already drained and he's been really restless the last few days, we think because he's got a shitload of wind and/or constipation, as he is farting A LOT. So I think he's generally just a bit uncomfortable lately and it came to a head last night where he just wouldn't be put down, so wife's running on empty currently :(...but most nights we are getting a couple of 3-4 hour uninterrupted sleeps between feeds, so it could be A LOT worse, he's generally prettynd a good! Plus he's just start smiling, which helps make you forget about stuff! 

glad to hear your little one got on well! We found a nursery we really like and they have no availability from October onwards (when we need it), which is absolutely gutting. 
    3-4 hrs is great between feeds.. i think there is a lot of myth about sleeping babies.. they don't sleep.. :)
    Ours was really windy when young too, turns out she allergic to cows milk, and wifey having a cup of tea set her off after each feed. 

Sorry to hear about the nursery - there will be others that you'll like though :)
    Yea, it's been a pretty good 5 weeks all told, with the exception of being readmitted for severe weight loss for a few days...but after that he's been pretty good. Takes a fucking age to settle at night, but then he sleeps pretty soundly normally. 

We're trying to figure out if my wife's eaten anything recently that would have caused the wind, but she's not changed anything she eats we don't think. So I think maybe he's just had a build up and it might take a while to clear. he went nearly 5 hours the other night, then fed at the milk farm for over an hour haha! 
    Place your hand flat on his/her tummy and apply a light pressure then kind of roll your hand (if that makes sense) in a clockwise direction for 5 minutes or so and it should help with the blockage a bit.

I did this with both of ours (one with a dairy intolerance) and within an hour, it was poo galore! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2246
    joneve said:
    LuttiS said:
    joneve said:
    LuttiS said:

Place your hand flat on his/her tummy and apply a light pressure then kind of roll your hand (if that makes sense) in a clockwise direction for 5 minutes or so and it should help with the blockage a bit.

I did this with both of ours (one with a dairy intolerance) and within an hour, it was poo galore! 
    Push legs up too, knees towards chest a few times,, tends to release the valve :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1872
    LuttiS said:
    joneve said:
    LuttiS said:
    joneve said:
    LuttiS said:

Push legs up too, knees towards chest a few times,, tends to release the valve :)
    Yes, this.
    My daughter used to get constipated a lot too. Once during a nappy change she had an inch sticking out and she couldn't get the rest out. I ended up pulling two more inches out with nothing more than a wet wipe for protection. It's amazing I can look her in the eye.
    Even now, a dozen years later she's banned from number twoing the upstairs toilet as she blocks it so much. Must be genetic.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StavrosStavros Frets: 349
    Wait til you take your last one to Uni! Empty nest syndrome, Mrs S and I had to reintroduce ourselves to each other.
    I love my brick
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2987
    tFB Trader
    I tried the advice here just now hoping for a peaceful day, dropping off at the nursery and GTF out of there quick. No use at all. Much shouting and kicking the car etc. Bloody teenagers..
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom