Mountain Biking

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• beed84 said:
    John_P said:
    Pop over to Dolby forest and bomb around on the trails.  If you like being off road then you can get more involved - I’m a wuss and don’t like the more serious stuff but I enjoy get off roads and exploring tracks and trails.  
    Thanks for the prompt. I've just arranged to go with a mate who's been before. When it gets a little warmer though. Can't wait to bezz about and tear up some dirt!
    You'll love it. Best sport in the world.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    edited February 2018
    MTB's great: gets you fit, gets you outdoors, is social (if you want it to be: mates and beer are natural fits), you get to go new places (I've ridden in USA and Peru) and there is endless kit to read about and mess with. (We say fettle).

Have fun.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    A few months practise at your local trail centres and you'll be up to doing some tricks of Danny Macaskill

This link has been posted on the forum a while back, but for those that haven't seen it:

• @beed84 , @robbie , @cruxiform - glad you all enjoyed it.
  • MtB said:
    A few months practise at your local trail centres and you'll be up to doing some tricks of Danny Macaskill

This link has been posted on the forum a while back, but for those that haven't seen it:

Danny Macaskill rode past my office in Zürich last year doing some ridiculous trials stuff. Amazing guy. All his trials videos are with a watch. 
  • colourofsoundcolourofsound Frets: 402
    Thread resurrect!

I've been Mountain biking now for about 8 months, and I've really got into it. As an outdoors/hiking junky and being brought up rurally it really taps into my core; and I love the community and how theres really no pressure to progress beyond what you're comfortable doing, unlike some other sports.

I now go twice a week minimum and my fitness and mental health has really improved. I'm only 15 mins away from Llandegla trail centre, so grabbed a parking pass and haven't looked back!

I went to the demo day there a few weeks back, tried 9 full suss bikes, and now I want one! Haha.

Only trouble is, it's more expensive than buying guitar pedals ;)

Keep it up OP!
  • bluechargeboybluechargeboy Frets: 1906
    @colourofsound ; Full-sus just means you're going faster and you fall off harder! :D

My mate and I had the day off work today to go to Gwydyr Forest (Marin), fun times in the sun. No people, lovely.
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • colourofsoundcolourofsound Frets: 402
    @colourofsound ; Full-sus just means you're going faster and you fall off harder! :D

My mate and I had the day off work today to go to Gwydyr Forest (Marin), fun times in the sun. No people, lovely.
    Full suss means my arms and knees aren't buggered after a ride ;)

I'll be heading to Marin weekend after next. Can't wait!